Shedding/Tweezing question

I had my first LHR on Saturday, and I have stubble in the areas that were treated. I’m assuming the majority of it is due to the whole shedding thing, but I was hoping someone could answer a question for me.

I read that if you tweeze the area afterwards the hairs that were affected by the laser would easily pull out (and yes, I know I shouldn’t pull 'em out, but I was just testing it). None of the stubble I tested pulled out easily.

Is the cause of this hard-to-pull hair because:
a) This was my first treatment and the hair is deeper, which feels more attached even though it’s been treated
b) It is too soon after the treatment to get the “easy pull” result
c) It just plain didn’t work (though I doubt this one)

I know, only time will tell, but does anyone have any thoughts on this?

I think it’s because it’s still too soon. Give it some more time; I’ve read that it can take weeks for the hair to come out on its own.

How did your skin react to it? Was there scabbing, redness or swelling?

I’ve already booked my app’t so feedback would be great.

Emle

[ March 16, 2004, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: EMLE ]

just to add to that… the hairs do take awhile to shed at times. I have found that the first treatment in an area, takes the longest to shed. I think it has to do with the thickness of the hair. The more you laser, the thinner they are and shed out faster and easier. Do not pluck them! They will release eventually, and it should only take some rubbing or a washclothe to remove them. You can shave in the meantime if you want though. Good Luck and keep us updated on your progress :smile:

I’ve found it takes about 2 1/2 weeks for the shedding to happen.
Keep in mind you will not be hairless after just one treatment.
More than likely you will have some patches of hair that where missed or not in the current growth cycle.

yeah, I know it takes a while for the shedding to happen… I was just surprised that my hair doesn’t easily pull out yet.

I have medium to dark brown hair and skin type 2-3 and most of my leg hair is still there. I’m not shaving it, so we will see if it continues to grow.

This process is pretty cool!

I am about to have my second laser treatment on my bikinni area and face…Honestly the face really never shed after my first treatment. I still shave it and see the same hairs. My bikinni now is patchy with hair but some has completely come out. I am thinking the more treatments the more likely the hair on the face will fall out. I used to pluck so maybe I have to wait awhile due to that issue. Maybe if you ever plucked before it could be why.