Shaving?

Hi Deana, just curious, do you use with auto mode or pedal?

By the way, speaking of anagen and telogen hairs, I discovered one phenomenon (maybe phenomenon only for me!*wink!), I did not shave my thigh hairs from last summer, and was looking at them trying to see which of them in telogen and which in anagen. And I found that in some pores (follicles), I have two hairs growing! But by lightly tugging them by my nail, one of them just fell out. It was a dead telogen hair. And it is usually much shorter (about 3mm above the skin) than anagen (5-6 mm above the skin). Apparently, the long part of dead telogen hair just broke off. And there are rather many of them – one pore both dead telogen and anagen. I am sorry maybe for stupid post, but it was a real surprise for me than a new anagen hair can grow for 5-6 mm above the skin surface, while the telogen hair still being stuck in the pore. Especially since I shower every day using a bath sponge.

Hi Ekade,

Usually I work in auto mode. My preference is 1 pulse in auto mode - you really move when you go along like this. Of course, there are times that you need to insert again, but that is not an issue - in fact often times I like it, as I will position my probe on the other side of the follicle or angle it around a little differently to effectively treat.

I agree with Josefa that sometimes the same els (ie 200els delivered with 1 or 2 pulses) will release a hair with 2 pulses, but will not release the hair with 1 pulse. This is the time to set for 2 pulses in auto mode - if the area is consistent. If all hairs are different, it is best to use the foot pedal.

Also, about your leg hair. That is just what an electrologist would expect to see. It is interesting though!

I can not help but feel some disappointment with this news, but not surprised. In 1996, Dr. Cruz Domingo Soriano, head of research department of Sorisa brand, made the same statement: “I do not think you can eliminate a underarm in 3 treatments”. Thus was born the idea of conducting a rigorous study on the effectiveness of Electrolysis. The findings of that study left no doubt 73.2% of existing hairs in a given area could be eliminated in a first treatment. 93% after the second treatment, and 99.9% after the third treatment. Dr. Domingo never hesitated again and became the greatest advocate of Electrolysis that I have ever met. Saddest of all, the technical personnel of Sorisa not even know what their machines were capable of.

On the other hand, do not know what surprised me if no one believed Michael Bono in 1994, why I was going to run better luck?

Deanna, in January this year, I had the opportunity to work in this young man. The area was completely clearing. Most of the hairs on the chest, were in late anagen, but in the stomach most were in telogen. You yourself can see the results in the stomach exceeds even the of the chest. Dectro should reconsider his statement. This would benefit everyone, electrologists and clients. Professionals do not have to explain over and over again that it is “false regrowth” and customers would save many visits to the electrologist’s office and know that the treatment is effective from the minute zero.

BEFORE. January 2012

Results of the first clearance. APRIL 2012

January 2012

April 2012

Really? :slight_smile:
And what does electrologist usually do in such situation? Remove the dead telogen hair from the pore/follicle first, and then treat anagen hair?

For leg hair, I take it all. If a hair is peeping out of a follicle it gets serious, undivided attention.

This question is for the person who posted those pictures.

1. How long hours did it take to clear the chest?
  2. There was no treatment between January and April except the clearance?
  3. Is this result typical?
  4. will this person be all done in 3-4 clearances?
  5. what do you charge /hr and where are you located ?
    wooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

chummage, let me answer (3). NOT typical, unfortunately. but what is possible in a near perfect scenario.

please read the whole thread to understand what is being discussed.

I am trying to understand this thread this is what I take away clearances may cut down the time if not Shaved between clearances.

I have areas that I have never shaved/tweezed.Would these areas be easier to clear (require less time) versus if they were actually shaved?

I am a woman with pcos and I am talking about dark but fine hair on my chest.

I am sorry for my ignorance. But what the difference between drying and coagulating? How does ‘dried’ hair looks in contrast to ‘coagulating hair?’

The difference between coagulation and desiccation is very important because this will depend on the success of treatment. With desiccation, the follicle may be only partially affected. With coagulation, the follicle is much more likely to disappear.

Imagine that you take a steak to the pan. If the pan is too hot, the steak will be done on the outside, but still raw inside. However, if the pan is less hot, the steak is cooked inside and out.

“How does ‘dried’ hair looks in contrast to ‘coagulating hair?’”

For starters you’ll have trouble removing the hair with no resistance.