Shaving tips

The commercial website for Quik Shave (a two-headed razor) has a great collection of shaving tips:

Men’s faces

Shaving your head

Shaving legs

I haven’t tried the razor they sell, and this isn’t an endorsement, but all their tips are great!

theartofshaving.com is a commercial website selling high-end razors and accessories. They have a nice list of shaving tips:

Shaving Tips

The Art Of Shaving commerical website

I have not used their products, and this is not an endorsement of their ste or products.

shave.com is a commercial site with a good list of shaving tips:

Shaving tips

Men’s shaving FAQ

Women’s shaving FAQ

I have not used their products, and this is not an endorsement.

Some more tips!

Be sure to exfoliate your skin before shaving. It gets rid of all the dead skin cells that could clog up your razor, preventing a close shave.

Be sure to change razors or cartridges on a regular basis. It only defeats the purpose to use a dull razor.

It is really important for your legs to be wet for at least a couple of minutes before you start shaving. Less than that and you risk irritation.

You are going to have to experiment with razors until you find the perfect one for you. Ask your friends for recommendations. I have tried a lot of them, and I like the Venus, myself, but some prefer a single or double blade.

Some shaving products can contain irritants which are going to cause red bumps and ingrown hairs. Try a shower gel or a hair conditioner instead and see if it works better for you. I use Pantene conditioner.

Be sure to apply a moisturizer over your freshly shaved skin but be sure that it doesn’t contain AHA. If you’re using one with sunblock, you should wait a while, as the sunblock can cause irritation.

Pat your skin dry when you get out of the tub or shower. Don’t rub!

If you find your skin is still irritated, try an antibiotic like Neosporin. It offers quick relief. Some also like a product like Tend Skin, but that can sometimes burn.