Shaving Tips Please

I am undergoing electrolysis, and I will be keeping my diary under the electo forum as “Dreaming of a hair-free Christmas”, and I need some advice about shaving. I have always shaved my top lip and plucked my chin, but learned from hairtell and my electrologist tweezing is a big no-no, so now I shave both. My question is, what is the best way to shave? I often have razor burn on the lip area, which makes that even harder to treat with electrolysis, since the hair is under a little skin flap.
What I have done in the past is: when I get out of the shower, I leave my towel on my head as I put on deodorant and use q-tips, then towel dry my hair, brush it out, put fragrance free and dye free lotion on my lip, then shave with a Venus triple blade razor. I never rinse the blade or my face afterwards, and use the same razor for about a week. I have very thick coarse hair and have tried in the past to shave like a man, but the shaving gel or cream always breaks my sensitive skin out.
So, is there a special way I should do this while I go thru electrolysis? Am I doing more harm than good by leaving a red streak across my lip?
Help!

Please,please,please,if you have dark thick hair and want a better way to shave your upper lip, you must use a new blade, no disposible razors. Once you have used a blade dry it thoroughly and maybe you can get two more uses out of it. Shave your upper lip in the direction the hairs are growing,period, You can go over it a few times with lite pressure

Lotion clogs pores. I definitely wouldn’t be using it, especially when your pores are open right after the shower.

I would recommend doing the following:

• Shave right after the shower when the hairs have been softened
  • Use only a 3-4 blade type or razor like Venus and don’t forget to change the blade often. Definitely rinse the blade both before and after.
  • Use shaving gel - try the one for sensitive skin for women (Gillette). Use only a little bit. Wash it off with water after you’ve finished shaving.
  • Pat the area dry and don’t apply anything to the skin for a few hours at least (makeup, lotions, moisturizers, etc). You can use witch hazel if you want.

For upper-lip hair ("mustaches’) you can try any of these methods:

• facial-hair bleach, available at a drugstore. Just remember, don’t leave it on for more than the recommended time period because you can risk burning your skin.
  • a depilatory: This is a cream that removes the hair. It, too, can burn and usually smells terrible.
  • waxing: You can go to a beauty salon to get waxed, or do it yourself, although waxing at home can be tricky - and messy.

I would not recommend any of these temporary methods for FACIAL hair as an ongoing hair removal program. This poster is saying this for self-promotion as evidenced by the link in the signature. These kind of temporary measures can make a facial hair problem worse in the the longterm.