Shaving in the Bathtub

OK, all you leg shavers, I have a question. How many of you shave your legs in the bathtub? I usually do mine in the shower, or in the bathroom right before I step into the shower. I was wondering shaving in the bathtub would result in a closer or quicker shave. After all my legs would stay hydrated better and I would not have to stop and reapply shaving gel or body wash all the time. If nothing else it would be relaxing LOL!

Any comments?

RJC2001

women always shave in the shower- it works great just be careful you dont slip while you are propping one leg on the ledge

Hi:

I shave in the tub too. It helps to soften the hair somewhat first. Plus it is very relaxing!

Just make sure you give the tub a good rinse afterwards.

Alicia

Hi:

I shave in the tub too. It helps to soften the hair somewhat first. Plus it is very relaxing!

Just make sure you give the tub a good rinse afterwards.

Alicia

I shave mine everyday and so there is not much at one time. Still, letting it dry in the tub is nasty. It almost turns into cement when it combines with shave gel and dries.

Shaving in the tub I really shouldn’t need any shave gel. Just a good bath oil or gel should be good enough. Is there any particular brand that is better than the others?

RJC2001

Hi:

I like the Gillette Satin Care with Silk. I prefer the Schick Xtreme3 razor since it has flexible blades.

Alicia

I do both. I sometimes shave in the shower and sometimes in the tub. I think I get a closer and smoother shave while taking a bath. I usually take a bath after a long run, hike, or working in the yard. I use bar soap and a three bladed razor. I take my time and the results are a nice smooth shave.

Hi hikerman

I have always found a wet shave to be closer. Usually I just buzz my legs daily with my Phillips / Norelco Coolskin dry. This is fine and is fairly good at leaving a smooth result not visibly different from a wet shave. When ( at weekends) I have some more time I sometimes shave with a Gillette 3 blade razor in the tub. It is very smooth and close and lasts the whole weekend before any significant stubble appears. For the dry shave however I can reccomend a hypoallergenic cream afterwards as your skin can get dry from this sort of shave and these creams don’t cost a lot at all. Ask your pharmasist - you might be surprised.

Regards
Stuart