Shank for instantron

I was able to get an instantron elite spectrum for pretty cheap and am going to be starting DIY on myself. Assuming I don’t hate it, I’ll be going to school once Oregon gets its new training system sorted out.

Pretty excited for the machine to arrive, but does someone know which shanks it accepts? Am I wrong in saying both K and F would both work? I have a basic understanding of how the needle holder works, but can’t find info on this anywhere(I’d love to have a pdf of the manual) and I don’t want to waste money ordering the wrong probes.

Anyways, thanks. This site has been a massive help just from digging through the years of posts.

They are great machines. Be sure to join the Instantron Professionals facebook group to learn from others on it’s use. For my part as an Instantron owner, I will say I use F-shank probes with my Instantron.

Both K and F shanks will work as long as the chord connectors are right for the machine which I assume is a standard BNC connector like on most machines. Most electrologists use F shank needles these days so go with F shank if you haven’t invested in K shank yet.

Thanks! I’ll go ahead with the F shanks.

I will say, that for information on the Instantron on it’s use and functionality, you can do no better than getting in touch with Skip MAhler at Instantron.com. He oversupports the machines. I dont know that there is a pdf version of the manual? But I can have a glance in my paper copy to see what it says about k shank if it mentions anything. I will say that in general, manuals for epilators wont give you the information you need to begin learning electrolysis, but I can recommend Michael Bono’s book on the blend method for learning to DIY. It’s available through Texas Electrolysis Supply, for if I recall correctly about $45. TES carrys probes too, and even when I did DIY many years ago, they never gave me any grief about buying them from them. Highly recommended.

Thanks, meant to reply sooner, but I ended up with the F shanks and everything is going well. I actually forgot to include a copy of Michael Bono’s blend book in my order, but TES surprised me with a free one. Definitely glad I have it.

I did realize my thighs make a great place to practice. Its easy to see my insertions and doesn’t require any weird yoga, but if I keep going that route I’m going to have some very interesting hair patterns because I definitely can’t reach the backs of them.