Selectif Pro - Applisonix

Hey, This is my first time posting. I have only found this forum now. I’m so glad to have found everyone so I can share my views.

I am an Applisonix user and have been for the last year. I am on my 16th session. I have hair on my chin. Its a mixture of fair and dark hair(but not dark black), so I went to a laser clinic and got laser done, it reduced some of the hair and the person who was treating me advised me to go and get electrolysis for the remaining hairs and I am so fair she could risk damaging my skin.

That’s what I did, but it defiantly made my chin hair worse. I was so upset. I got loads of downy hair and course hair that seemed to spread underneath my chin. I had more hairs then I had after the laser. I saw the add for Applisonix, thought all my prayers had been answered. I started treatment straight away.

100 euro for an hour. 50 euro for half hour.

I am disheartened, there is no significant change, maybe a few hairs, but recently some that had been removed had grown back. I don’t know if the hairs are new and this is all hormonal. I am after spending so much money on Applisonix and just feel like its a waste of time to be honest. Its not working like they said it would.

Also, some members on here say they wax and get Applisonix? Why is that:I was advised that waxing is not to be undertaken while receiving the treatment that it will only strengthen that hairs.

So I am really confused. Should I wax also?

I went to the doctor and got tests, the tests were inconclusive for PCOS. He said I could have a small touch of it. Nobody can give me answers. I was thinking of trying laser again and taking the chance.

Applisonix is completely painless, although the tip does get hot and has left me with irritation after a session. But in general it is not sore. It feels like a hair being pulled out with a tweezers.

The girl I get it done from has mentioned they are trying to develop a new machine to get more hairs done in one go… I don’t see how it would work.

She also says when she plucks out the hairs after the treatment most of them do not look like the anogen phase.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

You are being plucked in two places - on your face and in your pocketbook. You need good electrolysis care. I can’t be any more direct than that. Seek and sample as many electrologists as you can. Electrolysis works for anyone if it is done correctly and if the client is compliant. Can you share your electrolysis story with fine detail?

how long after laser did you start electrolysis? how long did you do electrolysis for? and lastly, when did you notice this increase in downy hair and coarse hair?

The type of induced growth you describe, sounds like a common side effect of laser treatment on the face,or of hormonal origen,which is now ruled out. Do a search, on laser induced facial hair growth( which can occur many months after treatment took place) and you will discover how common it is. On this site, one is only ever encouraged to undergo laser treatment, on legs,bikini and underarms, as all other female hair is considered too fine, and induced growth is a very likely outcome. I am sorry that you have had this unfortunate experience, but elecrolysis is certainly not the cause.

So I went about getting electrolysis after the laser, the place I went to is a well established business(one of the oldest beauticians in my town). I thought I was doing the right thing. I should have asked around has anyone been successfully treated before I started treatment. I just feel like it is all about money.

So she started the treatment straight away, she said the process was slow,(could take up to a year to fix. I saw no difference, I was getting it done for about 8 months. She didn’t remove all the hairs I wanted, but got all the course hairs out. She left the long thin blonde/red ones.

I would go back every two weeks to get it done.

Does it matter what stage the hair is in when getting electrolysis?

How long should it take to see some sort of difference? Was to hasty?

The person I got the electrolysis from told me she has a new machine from Canada, it was much faster then the other ones in other business’s in town.

She was really fast at doing it. I went to another place for a once of session and the girl could not remove all the hairs and told me to come back another time. So I went back to the original person and continued on. Then heard about applisonix and gave up on electrolysis

I feel now I’m after wasting so much time and money. If I had of stuck to electrolysis I maybe fixed by now.

How do you know if it’s been done correctly. I have lost faith in everything now.

So electrolysis has completely worked on you? I started on the electrolysis about 3 weeks after my last laser session.

Electrolysis lasted about 8 months or so. When I was getting the electrolysis done I noticed lots of new hairs that had grown.

Thank you very much for your information. That seems to be what I have, the hair growth as a knock on effect from laser.

I just wish I stuck with electrolysis now. I just saw no difference so I gave up when I heard about applisonix.

The Canadian equipment you describe, sounds like an apilus, and in skilled hands, produces excellent results in less time, with less discomfort. It is the most widely used, and popular choice of most posters here. Where are you located?

Hi lozlow,

You started electrolysis 3 weeks after your last laser session. After laser, you need to wait about 6 months to see what it has really done.

Christine has already said what I was going to in regards to induced growth - I was just waiting for your response. There are many such reports on these forums.

8 months is enough time to see a difference with electrolysis but NOT if you are continually having induced hairs from all the treated laser cycles come through. Your electrologist probably never got a chance to treat most of these hairs for the first time.

I think now you are in a position to see what your hair situation really is and you can start over. Still with electrolysis.

To give you some faith, here is my sister’s electrolysis diary. My own is linked in it but hers has photos, which are always good :slight_smile:

I am in the south of Ireland. Yeah, I can not remember the name, but I might call up and ask.

Also I was informed that electrolysis only works when the hairs are in the anagen phase, same with the applisonix, so if I am not showing any improvement on the applisonix would it not be the same with the electrolysis.

I have no idea I needed to wait after the laser. Thanks for all you advice.

Cheers for the link, I will read that and hopefully redeem some faith in the hair removal process.

Has anyone ever tried the pill Diannette to stop hair growth?

Electrolysis works for all phases of hair growth.

Hello! I haven’t been here for long… I had Applisonix session once and it has passed a month or so. It seems to me that some hairs came back coarser. So I won’t come back for Applisonix. I am thinking of Electrosis. Dee, I am sure electrosis will work for you!

Dfahey, as I understand you are a professional electrosisist, am I right? Could you give me advce? What method is the best for facial hairs (electrolisis, blend, flesh)? They say thermolisis is too painful and not effective. I am going for a treatment in the saloon which has such machine http://www.sportmedimport.com/depilprog/. What do you think of it? Microflesh and Ultraflesh are the same things?

Can you send me a link to the patent please.I can’t find it. Thanks.

So will the hairs get slightly worse and then get better?

Just saw this being given free advertising in a paper in the UK, the headline had me thinking wow, but reading it made me realise the journalist doesn’t know her stuff, think I must check Hairtell for the real deal.

I won’t be running out to get it done. Shame

Does anyone here know anything about the FDA regs for something like this?

I’ve been studying the FDA device regulations and it seems pretty ambiguous if FDA approval is even necessary for something like this. It is essentially a depilation device – fancy tweezers. I can find no device category code for it.

Tweezers do not require FDA approval. What is the threshold that says a depilation device requires FDA approval? Any insights or references to information sources would be helpful.

Thanks

Our sister site, www.HairFacts.com is designed as a reference for this type of question.

Kork,

This page may help you as well:

http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/productsapprovals/default.htm

Thank you both. I had been coming to the conclusion that this will end up as a class 1 device, but the definition of electric tweezers (Section 878.5360) does not apply to the ultrasonic device. I cannot find any device classification that matches up right.

I wonder if that is the hang-up or if the FDA is just choking on the 510K strategy (since it is clearly not the same as anything already on the market).

It seems like the only reason the FDA approval is an issue is because of the permanent hair removal claim. I wonder, if they dropped that claim, would they be able to market the device in the US without any FDA approval?

ETA: the hairfacts site is a cool resource! Thanks!