Searching for elektrologist in Germany

Well said, Jossie.

I think it’s important to trust one’s instinct. When I looked for a doctor, I called around, made a couple appointments, then stuck with the one that felt right. And she/he wasn’t always the one everybody went to, either.

This is no different, really.

Youre right that electrolysis shouldnt be privileged just for rich people - many poor people and students have excessive hairgrowth everywhere and are suffering a lot of their condition.

One of them am allso I - as a student I was trying hard to get together money for laser treatments and was hoping that it will make hair problem go away…
15 treatments and 5 years later and the problem is still there. Just thousands of euro gone to the pockets of the Laser Clinics I went in…

I stopped to do Bodybuilding, I dont like summer anymore, and before this it was my favourite season of the year. I have thought of not having any children, because they would have the same problems like me. I dont have any girlfriend and dont want not have, because Im ashamed of the looks I have.

I dont live my life anymore, Im just hiding… Dont do things I like anymore…

So I was telling this from my point of view - if someone would help me get PERMANENTLY rid of this excessive hair I have, it would be well worth to pay those money - but dont think it would be easy for me - Im from a poor country and just now starting to work like an engineer in Germany…

And for my whole life I would be thankful to this person and would recommend him/her to my friends and anyone having the same problems… Because I know how embarassing and depressing could this by many people seen as just an some sort of negligible aesthetic problem…

I would have another question for the experienced ones - how long after the last laser treatment on shoulders/upper arms/neck should I wait to start with electrolysis?

The hair on this areas begins to grow between the 4 and 5 week after the treatment and all the hairs are allready there between the 7 and 8 week - they are shorter and thinner, but all of them is allready there.

Is it better to wait longer, that the hair is thicker? Wouldnt it be more effective to treat the hair in early anagen??

I appreciate all the answers and suggestions.

Someone very dear to me recently said: Electrologists are not Mother Teresa.

And no doubt this is true, however, some who can afford to live in this business, used part of his time working for free. I am one of them. I do not know if you know that there are time banks. Maybe in Germany you find one?

The electrologist needs hair guides that it shows us the direction and the angle of the objective follicle.
To be able to work in early anagen, this hair guides must be a hair that has grown during certain time, that is to say, old hair.

To be more precise:

The anagen phase is composed of 3 stages (early anagen, medium anagen and late anagen) consisting of 6 subdivisions: anagen I, II, III, IV, V and VI.
The electrologist can only work the new hair (phase anagen) in phase 6, ie late anagen, when the hair starts to look on the surface of the skin.
Electrologists most prefer to work at this time of the cycle.
For me the phase is indifferent.

Good morning Miro (at least it is here). You may start electrolysis anytime you want after LASER. Jossie answered your other question about anagen with the skill of a hair professor. All we electrologists need is a guide/pathway as to where to insert the probe. The hair serves as that pathway no matter how thin or thick it is. So do proceed, if you wish.

Time banks? I just heard this the first time. If I did understand that - you do 1 hour work for a person which is in this Time bank organisation and you get 1 hour work from another person you need. (?)

I thought about why did you be so negative about my statement: “If someone is good he/she should get more money”. My opinion has changed a lot, or better said, it has returned back where it should be - nobody should take many times as much as another people do for one hour of his work, especially if it has something to do with medicine - because many if nor most of the people could not afford it. It is sad that exactly in medicine are the prices wery high and many people suffering cannot afford the treatments they need… :frowning:

I thought that early anagen is when the hair is beginning to come out of the skiny(you begin to see it) and until maybe 3 weeks afterwards.

I need to get electrolysis on my neck - but I dont want to let the hair grow very long, its hard for me not to shave it just for a couple of days, because there is much hair and it is coarse and black. So would it be enough not to shave for 6 days? For me it is the maximum I can do, dont want to go like that in my office I work.

Comparing the speed of growth, my hair for example on the face grows much faster like it does on most of my friends…

Anagen time varies by area. 3 weeks is minimum. http://hairlesssolutions.com/growthfacts.htm

There is no problem with shaving. You can also just schedule long treatment to get as much hair as possible each time to reach your clearance fast. Then you just come in when new hairs pop up to clear the area again.

So you say it is enough not shaving for 6 days prior to electrolysis?

It depends on how fast your hair grows. For electrolysis, the hair only needs to be long enough to grasp with tweezers.

WHAT IS THE BANK OF TIME?

The Time Bank is a system of time-sharing services.
In this system, the unit of exchange “is the time” regardless of the service provided or received, for all abilities have the same value.
Exchange services are varied and generally represent a small help to solve the needs of everyday life.
With the exchange of time, it offers the possibility to know and trust each other for resolving specific needs, and fall to benefit the community.

There are time banks in almost all Spanish cities and are increasingly accepted. The economic crisis and the high number of unemployed persons have favored the growth of these banks.

Time banks operate without money, and exchange of knowledge, skills and services is the currency. Everyone has something to offer and also need to ask for something at some point. Therefore, this initiative is based on reciprocity. All services have the same value, the important thing is to be carried out within an hour.

Six days is more than enough time. We only need about 1/16" or 1.5875 mm.

hi miro,
im from germany (munich) and i can recommend a very very good electrologist in germany, munich.i just recently moved to the states and im also in a new search for a good electrologist, but i had the best one in germany. her name is Frau Mayer and she is just wonderful and very good in what she is doing. she is actually located in a little suburb called forstern. i was searching very long to find a good one. i have also seen frau reuter and really didnt like her that much and she is too expensive as well (frau mayer charges only 60 euros / hour).

her webside
http://www.elektrologie-epilation.de/kunden.html
hope i could help you…

ps: im sure there are cheaper ones in munich as well, but you should also be very careful, because like i said i was searching very long and i pretty much went to every place there is, and frau mayer was/is really the best.i have to admit frau reuter does have very good skills as well, i just personally didnt like her that much and in the end the money issue was a problem.

Thanks a lot for your recommendation :slight_smile:

I would like to ask another question - I would like start treating my upper arms/neck. Another areas (back, shoulders) would be plucked with epilator - would it be harder to get rid of the hair then? Does plucking influence the growth of hair???

Epilating and plucking over time can make the hair stronger and more resistant. It will still be tackled with electrolysis. Some may just need a few zaps.

There are many reasons to avoid plucking. LAgirl mentioned one. I will give you another good reason, this makes ingrown hairs, especially if the hairs are thick and are in areas with sensitive skin. The image below is an example of what caused one of the hair on a girl of 23 years. This woman had to undergo a small surgical intervention to remove the cyst caused by an ingrown hair. It’s a shame to have this ugly scar on this beautiful skin for ever, for a poor choice in temporary hair removal system. Cut, shaving or depilatory cream is the safest way for our skin until you can opt for a permanent system.

Aua. I had allso much ingrowth hair on my upper arms and shouldres, but I had laser to get rid of the ingrowth…

Maybe I just shave it until it will be treated with electrolysis…

Hi Rita.
Which areas did you treat? How long did it take to get first clearance and how long to get permanent removal?

Did somebody else have treatments at Frau Mayer? I will go to her for consultation and will see.

apart from the personal level, were you satisfied with the results with mrs. reuther?