scary finding

I have been following posts in this forum, before making the decision to post. Are you trying to scare people? There are millions of people who have tried LHR on their faces let alone bodies, I am one of them and I can’t sleep at night when I hear people talk about premature aging, pebbling like skin, caved in pores, wrinkling, skin melting and so on! I have visited 2 derms and one plastic surgeon to reassure me I have no skin damage from LHR on my face! Since they are is no evidence that LHR can cause all that damage, maybe you should all stop speculating and hypothetising what LHR can cause harm! It’s been 3 years since my last session of face LHR and I swear, I can detect no skin damage whatsover! My skin is perfect, smooth and radiant as it was before i started! I can’t understand how can people talk about laser=sunburn, when my skin looked perfectly normal after hair LHR, no redeness, no irritation whatsoever! How can one compare lasers to sunburns, when you don’t even get the same skin reaction as to exposure in the sun?
Another point I don’t understand is, people claim that lasers are inefficient because they can’t penetrate deep enough into the skin to destroy hair follicles. If lasers do not penetrate deep enough, then how how can they penetrate deep enough to cause permanet damage to dermis, collagen and fat deposits???
If laser heats the skin that much to melt collagen and fat, then electrolysis would the same. According to electrologists’s claims in this forum, electro probes penetrate deeply enough to destroy hair, unlike lasers. thermolysis can ba as hot as 90 degrees celcious while lasers are about 70 C, hair can grow very densely which means that the thermolysis needle heats up the dermis of a wide area, then what is the difference between lasers and thermolysis? If lasers can cause all that damage, thermolysis can’t and why??

Does shaving cause hair to grow??? No. That’s an old wives tale based on the appearance. When a person reaches puberty, the hairs grow and begin to change to dark and coarse. So, some people start shaving. The more the hair grows, the more it is shaved. During that part of our lives, the hair is ever increasing and because some people shave it, it APPEARS that the shaving causes more hair to grow.

The reason I said that is because I think that there might be some similar thinking when it comes to LHR causing premature aging and etc. So, when a person starts LHR and continues for a period of time, the person is aging at the same time. If a person gets 10 treatments that are spaced 8 weeks apart – that’s 80 weeks. So, I wonder if there are people who think they have aged during the course of their LHR, that’s because they have aged. Also, how does one know if they’ve aged “prematurely”. I broke my crystal ball quite a while ago so I’ve got know way to know what I was supposed to look like or what I will look like one and half to two years from now. I can see one arguing that LHR might cause premature aging if one started LHR and rapidly began to look 20 years older. However, I don’t think there is anyone who has had that experience.

The only person who has ever mentioned “premature aging” caused by laser at least over 1 year of me following all three forums is Vanessa80 – and that’s based on her personal conclusions. It would be more than an overstatement to speculate that it’s a “fact” based on others’ experience

Hello Aleysa and a warm welcome to you.

I think what I’m hearing people like James say is why aren’t these valid consumer questions about heat exposure on the skin, whether it be from the sun or repeated treatments from the laser handpiece for hair removal being CLINICALLY studied by unbiased sources. Grant it, the sun and the light power from a laser are two separate spectrums of light. We all know that. The question that no one can answer now because not enough time has passed is, “What does REPEATED lasing do to one’s skin long-term?”
Time will have to pass in order to have that question answered.

LASER hair removal has come to market so fast in many different forms that very cautious people who rely on the science and logic behind things are voicing really good questions about it’s consequences, good and/or bad. The FDA does not APPROVE and bless LASER devices for hair removal - they CLEAR it based on simple data that has been presented to them. This data is not long-term, peer-reviewed well-studied stuff necessarily.

Those that express caution and reservation about laser understand fully that the science has not caught up with the media hype and are not purposely trying to scare people. Be glad that there are two sides to this issue. It’s good to think deeply about new things.

Dee