thanks for giving valuble suggestions and information

I have gone to one electrologyst for upperlip
She used thermolysis for 15 min
my upperlip became red…as usual
But i noticed some black dots in treated area

previously i had gone to other electrologyst
She did very good no pigmentation ,no redness
she moved to another place so i had to change eletrologyst

will those black dots go by time or permanant?
Is thre any thing that she can do about that like changing the settings?

Are these dots black or brown?

yes they are a kind of brown not completely black
treated area ::: upperlip
I got these in different sizes.they are about 50 in number

she was using [color:“red”]Clareblend [/color] machine which does both
thermolysis and the blend.Is this m/c good?

are these dots due to high settings in electrolysis?
or
are these due to bad electrolysis machine?In this case no one can help even changing settings…

or
should i avoid going to that elctrologyst again ?

these dots defeated the whole pupose of going for electrolysis

any are suggestions will be appreciated

You are experiencing hyperpigmentation,or a darkening of the skin. This happens frequently in dark-skinned people. The darkening may take weeks or months to clear after your electrolysis treatments have ceased.

If you are scabbing after treatment, measures should be taken by your practitioner to avoid this. She/he may want to consider reducing the levels of intensity and/or duration. Different and lower levels may be better for your skin type. Scattering the work would be beneficial. Ask her to treat every third or fifth hair rather than neighbor hairs.

Clareblend is an older epilator from a respected company and many people still like using them. There is nothing wrong with this epilator, but I prefer the technology of microflash. All good treatment falls in the hands of the human being choosing the correct levels, probe size, etc. Good insertions at the proper depth are critical for success, too. I am personally biased on my choice of epilator’s and choose to use a high-ended microflash computerized epilator. I used a Clareblend in school and at the time it was fine, but some manufacturers have now given us epilators that are better for us as electrologists and better for you as a consumer.

I agree that having the dots defeats the whole purpose of having electrolysis, but they will fade in time. I always advise clients to talk frankly with their electrologist about their concerns,so adjustments can be made. If you think you should shop around for other electrologists that have and know how to use their updated equipment and will proceed carefully on your skin, then go for it, browser.

Dee

thanks for the advise and info

If i rub the pigmented area , i can feel the hair growing back
will these hairs become stronger and coarser

i understand that latest technologies will perform better
I will try to find out an electrologyst with microflash technology m/c

If you just started electrolysis and are under the 6-8 week mark, then the hair you believe you are feeling is not the same hair that was treated. It’s new hair that is just now arriving to the surface. Be patient, browser. This will take time. You probably have more hair than you anticipate.

As I said earlier, we are talking practitioner knowledge and skill. I’m totally sold on the equipment I use, but another practitioner may not use a microflash epilator and still do right by you. By all means, if you are not enthused by your present person, do try someone else.

Dee

I had a little hyperpigmentation on my upper lip and a lot on my chin. Medicated coverup makeup worked wonders to get me through that period. The dots faded between treatments, but since I was going one hour every week, they didn’t have time to fade all the way.

With time, as you need less and less treatments, the discoloration fades completely. That’s what happened to me.

About the hairs growing back, it can take a full 3 months or so for every single hair you have to appear just one time. Remember that the hair you see is only a fraction of all the hairs you actually possess.

Some hairs will be killed with just one treatment. Thicker, coarser hairs will probably return, though much thinner, and need to be treated again.