Scarring with electrolysis and laser

Hey All, Im just looking for some recommendations about how I should proceed on my face. I seem to have a lot of hyperpigmentation and scarring from the electrolysis I had done over a two year period. Was doing two hours every two weeks and then about once a month time permitting. Also did about four sessions of laser before that with 4 week gaps. I still have quite a bit of hair growing in and I really wanna do something to get rid of this darkness on my upper lip. Its really affecting my depression to the point im just not taking care of myself anymore. I want to get rid of the rest of the hair on my face but im terrified to get anymore electrolysis because of what has happened to my skin.

Is there anything I can apply to my face that will help with this?

I had a laser session about two months ago to help with the shadow on my neck and haven’t had any electrolysis in about 18 months.

I do NOT see any evidence of scarring. Hyperpigmentation can sometimes be a normal side effect of electrolysis. It will fade in time. Nothing to be alarmed about, everything looks normal.

1 Like

Ditto what Hairadicator said …

Thanks for looking at it. Glad to hear this isn’t scarring it just seems like its been there forever and isn’t fading. Guess I should just bite the bullet and finish out the rest of the hairs and then hope for the best.

Absolutely incorrect Mikee. At home lasers lack sufficient power to treat deep facial hair effectively and affect the root, and are usually recommended NOT to be used on faces! Do not use these scam devices.

2 Likes

I understand your concern. To grid of unwanted facial hair, you can count on at home laser hair removal that uses IPL technology to remove hair without causing any skin scarring or any other side effect. Make sure the device is FDA approved.

Umm … what did I say that was incorrect?
Of course home lasers are ineffective. You only have to consider the costs between an authentic laser unit (many thousands of dollars), and the home units that, by contrast, are chump change. You get what you pay for.

Additionally, FDA device approval does not attest to its efficacy. Meaning, FDA does NOT certify that a device actually works … only that it presumably has UL approval and won’t harm or kill you.

I’ve no idea. I dont remember writing that or what I was thinking. Maybe I was half asleep? I’m going to blame this one on Lewy Body Dementia.
Oh Actually I do. There’s a hidden ( deleted) response from someone named Mikee. So not you mike. IT wasnt in reference to you at all. Just me clearing out some spam that once read:

"The best way to get rid of hair on skin is using at home laser devices like( redacted ) (redacted name and model of spammed device). it helps you to remove unwanted hair from skin without any discomfort.

ha ha … Oh, I see. Right now, I’m delirious with dental pain dementia. I wonder if I can score some hard drugs down town. Maybe just some booze? Any recommendations? I hope I make it ‘til Friday. It must be my punishment for something I did; yeah that’s it. But I’m not even Catholic!

gosh I’ve no idea on that either, never did anything stronger than weed myself, and that’s legal here! Not great for dental pain though.The old salt water brine swish should help though to reduce infection .

I’ll give it a try … thanks.

Hyperpigmentation over the lip area can also be a sign of sun exposure or the start of melasma. Using mineral sunscreen, Retinal and 2% HQ will help.