scarring, please help!

Hi everyone,

I had my bikini and upper legs done for the first time about 10 days ago in Berkeley Advanced Laser Center(anyone knows this place?). i have fair skin and dark hair, She used 40 Joules on me for both bikini and upper legs which hurt pretty bad. But the problem is that i see dark spots after a couple days in the bikini area but the legs are fine, iam getting worried now if those are scars? how can i get rid of them? even though the scars are fading over last one week, but they still look pretty bad. can anyone tell me if these scars are permanent and how serious it is? Is this normal? should i talk to her or i should see my doctor? please advise.

thanks in advance

They’re scabs, not scars. They are not permanent. It takes a few weeks, maybe up to four weeks for them to go away. No need to worry. They will disappear along with the hair!

RJC2001

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Thanks for the reply, i feel much better now! what a relief! one more question: why am i only getting those scabs in the bikini area not my legs? i had my lower legs done a year ago in another laser center, i didn’t have this problem either. can you please be more specific of why i have them in the bikini area and what caused this kind of reaction, do most people get them as well?

thanks

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that in areas where you have more hair and the hair is thicker, you have more chance to have these scabs. In the bikini area the hairs are thicker and darker than on the legs, so that is why you didn’t have scabs on your legs. I had laser done on the back of the neck where the hair was very thick and I had some scabs, but it goes away in a few weeks. No need to worry.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that in areas where you have more hair and the hair is thicker, you have more chance to have these scabs. In the bikini area the hairs are thicker and darker than on the legs, so that is why you didn’t have scabs on your legs. I had laser done on the back of the neck where the hair was very thick and I had some scabs, but it goes away in a few weeks. No need to worry.

Exactly!

Hair in different areas of the body responds differently to laser/IPL. And hair thickness has a lot to do with it. Fortunately, the darkest and thickest hair responds the best to laser.

RJC2001