Scarring/discoloration from electrolysis

Hi, I have done electrolysis for the past year on my upper lip and chin. I saw one person for too long and she was terrible. After about 9 months I saw little results but did end up with some scaring/discoloration. I started seeing another person and after about 3 months my upper lip is hair free however I am still dealing with the scarring/discoloration on my upper lip. It looks like I have a mustache. I am devastated and have spent much time crying over this. I try to cover it up with make up but I feel it can still be seen. I tried a photo facial but it didn’t help much. I’ve also tried several creams/serums for dark spots with little to no results. Is there anything I can do? I’m desperate. Please help.

It’s probably hyperpigmentation, which means it will fade completely.Not scarring.

Is there anything I can do to help? Make up doesn’t really cover it up. I have another photo facial today but it didn’t do much help last time so I’m not holding my breath. How long does it normal take to fade. I’m had the discoloration for several months and its not fading or changing.

Why are you doing photo facial?

Your temporary condition is being caused by inflammation … your photo facial causes more inflammation. You’re throwing gasoline on a fire.

Start here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFKcx7XQDTc

I’m doing the photo facial in hopes of lighting the discoloration

Google “post inflammatory hyperpigmentation” (also known as PIH).

Obaji has an amazing cream that lightens discoloration. I personally use it because I have a light olive skin tone and acne turns into brown spots after its healed. I apply the obaji clear step #3 on the discoloration with a small clean make up brush on clean dry skin twice daily and it evens out in a week or so. Its a little bit pricey and you can only by it at a doctors office, but its well worth the price and trouble to get it.
hope this message helps. Good luck dear