salons are sexist against males

I live in Pittsburgh, PA and am trying to find a salon that will give me a full body wax, including Brazilian. Most will not even do it for a male, even though they will for females, or they are going to charge me twice as much per section as a woman would pay for her whole body. This is frustrating me because when I lived in NY I got this done all the time and no one batted an eye, buy now I am looked at like I am some sick pervert. If anyone knows someone in the greater Pittsburgh, PA area that can treat me like a real coustomer I would be vary happy. Thank you.

Sorry you are having problems! Unfortunately, a lot of hair removal places have had problems with guys who get off sexually on the procedure, which creeps many of them out.

If it’s not threatening to you, I always recommend checking out the local gay newspaper. Usually they will have several ads for hair removal services catering to men. They won’t bat an eye, just like in NYC!

I have to agree. It took me a long time to find a place that performed a male Brazilian. When my girl asked her salon basically the response was they don’t do men because they’ve had bad experiences with guys wanting more than just the wax.

After a long search I found one place i am happy with, it’s not real close but they do a nice job. I a also found a new place that is much closer.

not sure if you’re still looking, but i could share the salon locations with you if you like.

I am not sure where youa re located but I have been performing hand paste body sugaring for many years and have a network of professionals that I have trained to do so in their own areas. Let me know and perhaps I can help find you someone nearby that is confident and comfortable with males. Or go to simplysugar.biz and call the 1-888# and they can also help you find a place.

Same with my area too (Halifax, Nova Scotia). I’m a girl, but at one of my waxing sessions, my waxer (?) was telling me about a time when a guy came in for a boyzillian and she just said “eeww, no way am I doing that!”

I can see some waxers (again ?) being uncomfortable with it. Then again, why are you in the profession if you are uncomfortable with it?

Anyways, sorry to hear that, best of luck finding someone in your area!

There are waxers who advertise on Craig’s List and Backpage who will do male braz, usually for a few more bucks.

My waxer has a ton of male clients because she is one of the few in the Phoenix area who will do male braz.

Yes, they have an erection (which helps, as you know), some drip pre-cum, some (very rarely) even ejaculate.

When asked for more, she just has her own good answer.

Waxers charge more because waxing males is more complex and there is usually more to wax off. The scrotum is also a lot more challenging, as accidents have happened when the wrong wax was used.

Every large metropolitan area has one or several waxers who do wax males and make a nice buck doing it, just look around. I would be surprised you do not find one, and yes, you may have to see a male waxer.

I personally don’t let a man, except for a doctor of course, touch me down there :slight_smile:

Just get laser and call it a day :stuck_out_tongue:

As Andrea knows, one of the major factors for me getting into this industry was the fact that when a male voice called a hair removal business in my area, they most often heard, “I don’t treat men! <CLICK>”

It can be hard.

Men just have to look harder to find services, and frequently have to travel to get the best they can get. When I was just a hair club client, I had to travel 75 miles each way to get my hair removal done.

• I gotta ask what her ANSWER is! Afterall, I won’t EVER hear it…

Anyway, just so our readers know - we have several excellent waxers in DFW who will do a full body wax for us guys. Every bit of skin made smooth as you were born. Price is not super cheap, but these are the places that wax professionally (not Nail Salons), so they have a higher cost structure. However, the men are not so much more (maybe 10%) over the ladies.

So, in North Texas, there is no reason NOT to have the hair under control regardless of where that fur is growing…

Yes, I have come across some ignorance and prejudice when searching for a suitable salon.

A salon that refuses to cater for both women and men is not a salon that employs professional staff, in my opinion.

I know of/use quite a few places here in London/South East (UK) that offer regular waxing services, but no intimate waxing.
I used the referral from the salon manager to get an appointment at a place that did.

I have never had a treatment done by a male or at a salon for gay men, I don’t feel comfortable with the idea of it. I think it’s a job that is much better suited to the female temperament.

Am I the only one who finds it funny that on the one hand, someone says, “people who refuse service to men have a problem, and are unprofessional”, but then says, “I would not want a gay guy performing certain services on me.” It does seem like two sides of the same coin.

No, James…you are not the only one! :slight_smile:

[color:#000099]Well, if you’re in San Diego, I’d really recommend:

SD Wax Queen

It’s Jennifer’s own salon and she does a supergreat job. She is just so excellent I can’t say enough good things about her. I like her environment, it’s like some hippie/ fantasy/ enchanted forest. It’s fun what she’s done to the workspace.

There’s many in San Diego that do male stuff, but Jen was one of the first, and she has no attitude at all. Me, I go to her for back, not that. But she has no qualms about removing any hair, wherever it is.

She also gives haircuts, nails, spray tans, etc. But you have to call her the “Queen” though, she’s really into being called “The Queen!” Kind of kidding, but she kind of makes sure you know this! She’s great :)[/color]

I wonder how well a waxing salon (that also offered massage services) aimed at lesbian women with suggestive homoerotica in it’s advertisements, and located in an acknowledged gay area of town would fare with straight female clientele? I can think of quite a few groups (Hispanics and Muslims to name two) who would never visit such a salon.

Well, I’m of “Hispanic” ancestry, and I could comment on this. But really, the great users of Hairtell have always avoided any kind of discussions like this. I mean, where do they go, let’s get to hair removal.

(posting in black)

Hey! I’m looking for someone willing to do waxing for men in Pittsburgh. Mind telling me where you go? Thanks!

As pubic hair is very much prone to thickening, distortions, and ingrown hairs, you would be much better served to do permanent hair removal, via electrolysis in this area, if you think you could live without the option to have hair in this area later.

Ya most places with an all female staff won’t take on male brazilians (or brazilians in general). The girls are either afraid of being groped/propositioned (there is always one perv out there that does it) or they can’t deal with the unexpected functions of the male bits. I think most would rather deal with the same sex parts. Kinda like a guy having to work on a female brazilian with a tampon string hanging out. Some men could look past that and get to work while others may say never again. TMI I know lol.

Oh and sometimes the girl’s boyfriend doesn’t want them touching another man… I have heard and experienced that before too.

Interesting. I had no idea that they were sexist. I have friends that do this regularly in Los Angeles and have never had a problem. Just dumb luck perhaps??