RN Electrologist in QLD Australia - how do i best advance my skills and knowledge here?

Hi! Im new this group. I am an RN with 14 years experience. I have gotten extensive electrolysis in the past, so i am passionate about it. I did a course this year (blend and they included some diathermy experience for me because of my quals) but here in Australia they are so short. Ive taken to it nicely, have picked up some speed, and have just started offering my services here on the Gold Coast. Literally almost noone offers it here! Right now i have 3 issues. One is to find people that actually require my services. Ive put a few posts out with large socials groups here, with barely any interest). Noone seems to know what it is here anymore (im afraid we are always behind in queensland). The local coucil says i am not allowed to offer it from my central Surfers Paradise aparment, so i am opening a room in a shop next month 1 day per week to start. I am definitely going to approach some local GPs and endocrinologists. My second issue is that i understand i am a baby in this industry. Is it possible to find a mentor in Australia? I feel its going to be the only way to increase my abilities without going overseas for training. My base knowledge is there; i have a nursing degree, a master of public health, my nursing experience, plus infection coltrol experience working as a clinical nurse in the infection control department, ive also done a course in cosmetic injectables (but that industry is totally saturated here on the coast and it is not my passion) - my third issue is that i want to also explore the possibilities of electrolysis medically. Does anyone have any expereice with this? Theres 1 dental nurse i heard of in Sydney that does intra-oral electrolysis for hair growth post skin graft for oral cancer patients, but she cant train me. Anyones input for any of my queries would be greatly appreciated :pray:.

1 Like

It would be best if you contact me. I can re-direct you to a group that can help you. Message me here.

Thanks Deedra, how do I message you privately from this site?

Hi Belinda,

My name is Sophie, I run Northern Rivers Electrolysis in Ballina, NSW.

We are pretty limited on training programs in Australia, there is a master class in Victoria- I am sure you would have seen it.

Would love to make contact as I am just down the road. I found when starting people found me who are looking for the service. Next best thing go to local laser and aestheticians and let them know you are around.

I believe Lindy who was in Tweed has now moved away, however there is a very talented lady named Sonja in Burleigh waters (Beauty Biz) you may be able to reach her for some
Support or training?

Best of Luck,

Sophie

1 Like

Thanks for helping, Belinda.

Belinda, you can message me here by clicking on my username > and clicking on Message.

Hi Sophie,
I know Lindy! I am Forever Medical Electrolysis.
I am going to message you privately.
Cheers, Belle

1 Like