Rio Salon home laser, other home systems

I’ve had a lot of professional laser treatments that have been effective on dark hairs, though expensive, and some electrolysis as well, mostly on lighter hairs. I’m Caucasian. I’m looking to try to finish up on the darker hairs by myself at home, for a few reasons. My research has led me to the Rio Salon laser hair removal system. Does anyone have experience/feedback regarding this device, or recommendations for any permanent home hair removal systems? Thank you!

I always heard the Rio was a scam! I know for a fact that the Epila is. I made the unfortunate mistake of buying it along time ago and it was a TOTAL scam. The Tria or the Silk’n are the only ones that are FDA approved and seem to work. But they are alot more expensive that Rio or Epila. However, even with the Tria and Silk’n I wouldn’t count on the hair being gone forever!

Rio is a waste of money.

What type of hair do you have left? Is the hair coarse or fine? What area of body? How big is the area? What do you consider expensive?

Most home devices out there are gimmicks. If you want to do DYI, you would have to learn electrolysis, which isn’t worth it compared to the cost of getting professional treatments. And if you want to do laser, the only legit home machines available (only 2 really, and one of them is IPL) are not powerful enough to produce permanent results. AND laser in general will only work on coarse hair, so it’s not an option at all if that’s not what you have.