Review of Follique shaving/razor bump products

Earlier this year, the manufacturers of Follique sent me a few samples for review. Follique specializes in products that help reduce irritation and ingrown hairs (razor bumps) associated with shaving. This is a significant problem for people with coarse, curly hair they wish to shave, especially men and women of African descent.

Below are my reviews after using each:

Nourishing Shave Cream

I mostly avoid shaving because I tend to get a lot of irritation from shaving, as well as ingrown hairs. Their shaving cream is lemongrass scented, which I like much more than menthol-based scents which often burn me. The consistency is somewhere between shaving cream and lotion, because it obviously has a lot of emollients in it to help the razor glide more smoothly. I liked this much better than foam-based products, and it had more emollients than gel-based products. For those who use a shaving brush to apply shaving cream (a step I recommend for anyone who has issues with shaving), this is an ideal product – not soapy like some of the products for use with brushes.

Revolutionary Skin Therapy: Sensitive Skin

This was nice, very similar to alcohol free toners like Pore Perfect. Using non-alcohol products can be helpful for those with razor bumps, because the hairs have a harder time emerging from dry skin as they grow. Alcohol can be very drying.

Revolutionary Skin Therapy

This and the two products below are variations of the same solution, with different delivery system. The products seem similar to Tend Skin, including the strong scent. Products like these are typically alcohol and a beta-hydroxy acid. A nice addition to these products is witch hazel, which can help reduce irritation.

Follique Serum Roll On

The roll-on version of the Follique serum is a useful option I had not tried before. It was especially useful on underarms. If you have applied the products with a cotton ball, you know that it can dry out your fingertips unless you wash your hands carefully after application. The roll-on eliminates this issue.

Follique razor bump and ingrown hair eliminating wipes

This is the version in which I was most interested, because it’s the closest to the method I use right now… It’s a resealable container of cotton rounds pre-soaked with the Follique serum. As with most similar products, the smell is quite strong, but has a slight hint of citrus that makes it a little different than some of the others.

Follique is their female line, and Shave-Aid is their line for men.

Finally, one especially nice service available through Follique is a military discount. Many soldiers are required to shave as part of their uniform look, and for some, this can cause significant skin problems. It’s aenough of an issue that medical papers have been published about skin problems of military personnel required to shave. Follique offers a Service Member discount, to help support our troops, especially those with shaving issues.

To learn more, please visit:

http://www.follicareresearch.com/

do u know the price ranges for these products