Research for blog on "Becoming an Electrologist"

I’m asking for input for an article for those who are looking into electrolysis as a career.

survey monkey - becoming an electrologist Survey Monkey

Here are the question if you want to read before you go to the survey:

This survey is for practicing electrologists. The information gathered will be used in a blog for those who are looking into the profession as a career.
*1. How did you decide become an electrologist? (Select the best answer.)

How did you decide become an electrologist? (Select the best answer.) I researched various careers and saw the need for permanent hair removal

I researched various careers and this career appealed to me

I was an electrology client and wanted to help others in the same way I’d been helped

I was an electrology client and wanted to help others get better treatment than I’d received

It was part of a related training program and appealed to me

It was a family business I chose to follow

Other (please specify)

*2. Regarding your electrolysis career:

Regarding your electrolysis career: Being an electrologist is the only career/job I have had.

I had an unrelated career before I became an electrologist.

I was in the medical field before becoming an electrologist.

I was in the beauty industry before becoming an electrologist.

I worked several short term jobs before I became an electrologist.

Please list any additional backgrounds you would like to include:

*3. How long did it take for your business to be self sustaining? (“Self sustaining” means that the business supports itself and you make a living from the business.)

How long did it take for your business to be self sustaining? (“Self sustaining” means that the business supports itself and you make a living from the business.) Immediately

Six months

One year

Two years

Longer than 2 years

It is not yet self sustaining and I have been in practice for: (please specify length of time in practice)

*4. What were the biggest obstacles in the early stages of starting your electrology practice? (Check ALL that apply.)

What were the biggest obstacles in the early stages of starting your electrology practice? (Check ALL that apply.) Finding a training facility or apprenticeship

Financing education

Financing the equipment

Selecting a location

Getting clients to come

Other (please specify)

*5. What are the biggest obstacles you are experiencing as your time in the profession passes? (100 words or less and examples would be physical difficulties, lack of new clients, expense of advertising, or anything that you believe is an “obstacle” to practice.)
What are the biggest obstacles you are experiencing as your time in the profession passes? (100 words or less and examples would be physical difficulties, lack of new clients, expense of advertising, or anything that you believe is an “obstacle” to practice.)
*6. Do you personally offer other services along with your electrology practice?

Do you personally offer other services along with your electrology practice? I provide no other services.

I provide no other services, and have an unrelated job in a different location.

I provide other services, and I have an unrelated job in a different location.

I provide other services, and electrolysis is 90% of my billable hours.

I provide other services, and electrolysis is 75-89% of my billable hours.

I provide other services, and electrolysis is 50-74% of my billable hours.

I provide other services, and electrolysis is 25-49% of my billable hours.

I provide other services, and electrolysis is under 25% of my billable hours.
*7. How many hours per week do you work?

How many hours per week do you work? 1-10

11-20

21-30

31-40

41-50

51-60

60+
*8. Are you satisfied with your decision to become an electrologist? Is there anything you would say to encourage someone who is looking at becoming an electrologist? (100 words or less)
Are you satisfied with your decision to become an electrologist? Is there anything you would say to encourage someone who is looking at becoming an electrologist? (100 words or less)
*9. What do you believe is lacking in the profession? Is there anything about the profession that disappoints you? (100 words or less)
What do you believe is lacking in the profession? Is there anything about the profession that disappoints you? (100 words or less)
*10. Does your location require that you are licensed to practice electrolysis?

Does your location require that you are licensed to practice electrolysis? Yes - I am licensed.

No - I am not licensed

Name, credentials, and website if you wish to be credit if quoted.

Great idea! I filled it out ( wasn’t sure this applied to Canadian electrologists, hopefully this is ok), and I’d love to see the result when done.

Veronica