Report on EPILA laser gadget

I purchased this gadget from eBay at US$164, and it just arrived today. Before I made the purchase, I have searched thru the internet and found very little revelevant information about it. The few who did write something about it regard it as a laser pointer and total junk. However, those who made the comment do not seem to have even tried the device and so I am going to share my experience.

First of all, it’s not a laser pointer. It actually burns holes in anything dark in color (so if you have dark skin, don’t even try!!!). If you point the laser light on newspaper, all the letters would turn into holes! So anyone who immediately discard it as a laser pointer without trying is unfair and deprive others the choice to give it a try.

But does this thing works? Well yes and no. The laser power is low in this device, and to cope with that the manufacturer has to really get the laser light to focus on a very small spot (less than 1mm). I’ve had laser hair removal from a clinic 3 years ago, and I know how it looks and feels like when a hair is cooked. To get this gadget to “cook” a hair, you really have to focus the light in milimeter accuracy (and its 3 dimensional wise), which is big pain in the ass. To get that “Sting” feeling and the cooked smell (yeah, that’s a good sign), you really have to hold the thing at the optimal spot very accurately for 3-5 seconds, which requires a lot of patience, and is very hard to do even after practice.

So does it work as advertised? I think yes. Is it practical? I think not, unless all you want is a touch up job after clinics visits. At this point, you may think it may still worth a try, but lemme warn you, I have black and very corse hair, and fairly white skin, so I might be as well the best candidate for this gadget already. I saw someone selling this item on ebay after just one try, because it doesn’t work on their blonde hair.

Hope it helps a bit…

Did you wear protective eye wear during Epila treatment?

After using the Epila for over about a month, I believe this gadget doesn’t work at all. I have seen regrowth at every follicles that I suppose to have killed with the Epila. It does a good job faking it by zapping the hair, but it definitely doesn’t kill the follicle.

Plus the laser degrades very quickly after a few usage. When it was new, it emits laser light that burns anything black in color. Now it does nothing just like a laser pointer.

I’m disappointed, beware of this product.

And now you know for sure. Others just looked at our Scam pages at www.HairFacts.com

Hello everyone
help me please
Which system is better and original?
epila laser hair removal model SI-808 , EP-810 (The Epila Laser Blotch,acne,Hair Remover)

or

epila laser hair removal model SI-808 silver color (korea North)
Making what country?
cameronsheen@walla.com