Bronze? Doubtful because it’s expensive.
Try touching a magnet to the questionable metal: if it “sticks” it’s not bronze and could still conduct current.
Is this some sort of hand-held bar? How is it connected to the “ground” cord?
“One Touch” is total “shite.” You would be better off using a car battery (even a regular 9 volt), buy a meter and rheostat of some sort, and work like they did in the early 20th century: straight battery current (no wall current).
I’ll bet Radio Shack could rig this up for you. Easy to rig-up a proper needle cord too, to the negative pole (but not at full power please!) Actually, the “One Touch” is just a battery only … with no meter? Total “Doo Doo!”