Removing oxide from one touches' metal handle?

I would like to buy a professional machine soon but currently I’m stuck with one touch.

Is it possible to remove the oxide from one touches’ metal handle? I put it in vinegar for 24 hours as well as hydrochloric acid for 8 hours or so without results.

I’ve never tried before, they were just so cheap I went out and bought another. Two alleys I’ve never explored, and if you do try them… Let me know. Metal polish might be able to remove them, and ironically enough electrolysis might remove the oxidation, just submerge the metal band in water. They have some sort of kit that’s used to clean coins, I’m thinking it might work on that.

Oh, and the cleaner scrubbing bubbles.

Easy one here …

Use “wet & dry” sand paper. I use it all the time on my hand-held electrodes (180 - 200 grit).

I dont understand why you would want to fix it? The one -touch are not well regarded.Maybe think about upgrading to a real electrolysis machine. I promise you insertions are MUCH easier.

Seana

So I began rubbing it with sandpaper and some bronze started to appear below the nickel surface. Needless to say it became worthless.

Bronze? Doubtful because it’s expensive.

Try touching a magnet to the questionable metal: if it “sticks” it’s not bronze and could still conduct current.

Is this some sort of hand-held bar? How is it connected to the “ground” cord?

“One Touch” is total “shite.” You would be better off using a car battery (even a regular 9 volt), buy a meter and rheostat of some sort, and work like they did in the early 20th century: straight battery current (no wall current).

I’ll bet Radio Shack could rig this up for you. Easy to rig-up a proper needle cord too, to the negative pole (but not at full power please!) Actually, the “One Touch” is just a battery only … with no meter? Total “Doo Doo!”

Okay, here you can see two of these. The right is the one after it has been rubbed with sandpaper, the left one is what it looks like after regular use. It might not be oxidation after all:

Unfortunately I don’t have a magnet right now.

Looks like Brass … and not enough “Schumtz” to cause problems with a DC circuit.

Are you wrapping the electrode with anything, or using it dry?

Don’t use “dry” … soak something (even a small towel) in salt water (make your own … no need for "organic salt from the Dead Sea!).

That should solve the “problemas.”

Boy, then they “went cheap” on putting this thing together … they really “went for it!”

But then, I suppose they want you to buy one ever 6-months or so (and throw the old one away). It’s all part of our American “sustainable program to save the planet.”

Yep, “go green” and fill up those damned useless “land-fills.”

You are supposed to touch this with salt water and I do already, hence the wear. But it malfunctions at this state, it works when I touch the probe to a metal but not when I touch my skin. When it was brand new of course there were no problems.

[/quote]
You are supposed to touch this with salt water and I do already, hence the wear. But it malfunctions at this state, it works when I touch the probe to a metal but not when I touch my skin. When it was brand new of course there were no problems. [/quote]

Not too sure about what you are saying … when you say “a metal” do you mean you touch the needle to the metal electrode itself (the one you cleaned)?

No, when I touch it to a different metal:

You may see above a metallic square between the needle holder and the tweezer. You are supposed to test whether the current is flowing over there by touching the needle on it.

O – I – C

If the “ground” gizmo is attached to a cord, then it’s probably a connection problem.

Gott Allegmachtag! … That thing should be outlawed.