Removing hair for a bodybuilding competition

I’ve already posted this in the bodybuilding forum, but this area seems to get more traffic, so I thought I’d repost the question here! :grin:

I’m hoping to do a bodybuilding competition next year, and wanted to ask a few questions about hair removal first…

1. Previous attempts at waxing kept me relatively hairless for a decent period of time (about 6 weeks from memory), particularly when I used a “hair regrowth inhibitor”.
    </font>[ul][li]<font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”> The problem was that I got some really nasty ingrown hairs - at least, I think that’s what they were - lumps like zits about 1/2 an inch across, looked pretty bad, and took ages to go away… Not the kind of thing you want for a comp! Would this have been my technique at fault, and if I got it done professionally would it have been any bettter? Or is this just a part of waxing to be expected? </font></li>[/ul]<font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>2) My trial run at shaving hasn’t been a lot better.[/li] </font>[ul][li]<font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”> I just did a trial patch at the top of each leg (inner thigh, where I figured the skin was most tender, and it was an easy area to hide, if things went wrong! :stuck_out_tongue: )[/li]Now I know that skin can take a while to become accustomed to shaving, but irritation like that’s ridiculous! Besides, it gets prickly after 12 hours, and I think you can still see the hairs, which are dark and coarse, under the skin (at least, when the irritation goes down)…</font></li>[/ul]<font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Basically, neither method seems to give the results needed for a comp.

I’m actually toying with the idea of getting laser… It’s hideously espensive, but if I just get a session done for every comp, somehow it feels a bit cheaper!
All that’s needed is a few days of being smooth and hairless - no stubble, no bumps, etc… Would laser do this?
</font>[ul][li]<font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”> I’m assuming laser works by completely removing ALL the hair for a time? (even if a percentage of it does grow back later)[/li] </font></li>[li]<font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”> If so, how long does it take before the regrowth starts?[/li] </font></li>[li]<font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”> Would I have a problem with ingrown hairs, blotches, or other skin “imperfections”?[/li] </font></li>[li]<font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”> Finally, if I’m doing multiple competitions, am I supposed to wait a certain period of time in between laser treatments, or could I just get it done before each competition, whenever that might be?[/li] </font></li>[/ul]<font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Thanks, in anticipation!

See my post in the bodybuilding section. I don’t check that very often because it is not very active. It’s long and I’m too tired to retype it here.

RJC2001

Thanks RJC

I’ll reply to my post in the bodybuilding section too (it needs the extra posts! :grin: )

The thread’s here, for those of you wanting to follow…

And if there’s anyone else out there that can tell me whether laser fits the above criteria, I’d love to hear from you, too.

[ December 08, 2003, 02:29 AM: Message edited by: Aitaronz ]