Remington Body Hair Groomer Now Available!

I was checking out some of the European Sites for reviews of hair removal devices and was reading about the Remington BHT-2000 Body Hair Groomer. It actually got better reviews than the Philips Bodygroom.

It was not available in the US. Not until now that is! I was surfing the Remington USA website on the long shot that it would be available. Well, much to my surprise it is now available!

You can check out the BHT-2000 here: Remington Body Hair Groomer

I already have mine on order as a Christmas gift to myself. I usually get some cash for some of my Christmas gifts and I can apply it to this.

In the next two weeks I’m getting my arms and legs lasered or IPL’d. Tuesday it is the Aesthera PPx. And a week from Tuesday it’s the Cutera Coolglide or Prowave 770. I will decide that day which areas I will have done. But I’ll find somewhere to use the Remington. It should work fine for a pre-laser shave.

Lots of new products will be available for hair removal this upcoming year. They include the Fusion 5 bladed razor from Gillette and the Braun 360 Complete with a new blade system.

RJC2001

Hi RJC!

I hope that you’re enjoying all your Christmas goodies! What do you think of the Remington Body Hair Groomer? Does it live up to its promise?

Was there much fanfare before the release of this product or did it just show up on the shelves? Have you seen any recent ads that have shown men shaving their legs or arms
with the Remington on TV or in magazines?

Any update on when the rival Philips’ groomer will hit the shops in the US?

I noticed it on Remington’s international site. Just before Christmas is showed up on the USA site.

After using it I consider it a specialty trimmer/shaver for hard to reach areas, like the back of the shoulders. The angled head is handy for areas like that. My main criticism is that the shaver head is too small. It does give a close shave though and it is quieter than the larger Remington foil shavers. Remingtons always did seem to give a close shave though. It’s also good for doing the armpits.

The trimmer itself has very sharp edges so you have to be very careful under the arms when trimming long hair. I like the trimmer better on the Bodygroom, at least from the pictures.

For doing larger areas like the chest or legs, a full size shaver like the Activator or 360 Complete will outperform it.

RJC2001

RJC,

Is the Body Groomer more durable than a regular beard razor or can a normal razor take the abuse of shaving off longer leg and arm hairs repeatedly or will it wear out faster? Which regular electric razors are the most durable?

You mentioned that the groomer is a bit of a “speciality” razor and works well on some parts but I guess you’re sticking to the Activator for the rest?

Thx,

smoothlover

RJC,

Is the Body Groomer more durable than a regular beard razor or can a normal razor take the abuse of shaving off longer leg and arm hairs repeatedly or will it wear out faster? Which regular electric razors are the most durable?

You mentioned that the groomer is a bit of a “speciality” razor and works well on some parts but I guess you’re sticking to the Activator for the rest?

Thx,

smoothlover

Yes for larger areas I stick with the Activator. A regular size Remington, like the MS-5700, would do a good job but they heat up when used for longer periods of time. The foils on the Remington do not last as long as on the Braun.
The Braun will not overheat when used for longer time periods, and the foils last much longer. In my experience, the Braun is the most durable electric.

Sometimes I use the M3 Power razor in the shower. It’s hard to beat that for a close shave. Can’t wait to try the 5 bladed Fusion.

RJC2001

Target now has the BHT 2000 Body Hair Trimmer in stock.

RJC2001

Hi RJC,

I just came across Remington’s body groomer (or so I think) in a local store–looks similar to the groomer on their website but couldn’t see all the details on the Remington site. It had a dial with five different numbers (1-5) and a rather small razor head and costs about $50. It was labelled a “body trimmer” and was located next to the other electric razors. The dial with the five settings looked interesting but I wondered if you could get a really clean shave with it, or is really just a fancy trimmer??? The small razor head also made me wonder if it would be very effective on the legs and chest. The Philips looked better to me on their website but maybe, it’s just the design.

I’m tempted to just buy it but might wait for the Philips unit but I’m not sure if it’ll make it to Poland or not. What’s your opinon after using the Remington body shaver for a few months??? I haven’t used an electric razor for a very long time and also am concered about its durability–how often do you have to replace the foils and how expensive are they? Are foil razors less durable than rotaries?

Thx,

smoothlover

Foils are less durable than rotary heads, but for me the foil shaves closer. The Braun foils, being made of titanium, are very durable though. Remington foils are not as durable.

The shaving foil is small and better for touch ups and hard to get areas like the back of the shoulders and around the base of the neck. It is too small to do the entire chest and/or legs. The Bodygroomer has a larger head and would provide faster results. It is interesting that Philips went with a foil when most of their other shavers are rotaries. They must think foils are best for body hair.

RJC2001