Reducing post treatment redness?

Any suggestions got calming down the redness after a treatment? I’ve had one treatment with a YAG and one with a lightsheer. I have one more test spot of each tomorrow. THe red areas have hung around for almost a week though. They aren’t painful or irritating or anything, just red and there. Any tips on how I can get rid of this sooner? I’m concerned that if its red for that long after just a test spot, how scary am I going to look when they try my whole face.
They suggested aloe, motrin, benadryl and/or cortisone cream. I admittedly didn’t try any of these after my first two treatments but plan to try something after the ones tomorrow. Do they make a big difference in the duration of the redness? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

redness should go away within 2-3 days tops. if it lasts longer than that, settings are too high and you’re getting superficial burns. what is your skin type? use aloe vera on the areas after treatments daily in either case.

I’m a type 3. Maybe boderline 4. I’d say they are definately lasting longer than 2-3 days. The second place was a Lightsheer with 4 test spots ranging from 25-33.

I’ll have to inquire at the 2 places I’m going to tomorrow. They are my last 2 places (total of 4) and then I’m going to give my face 2 weeks or so and make sure that the hair actually falls out in the areas that they did. I can’t say I’ve seen much of anything from the one I had on 11/1 and other one at the end of October yet. So I’ll give them all some time.

If you are concerned about post-treatment redness, go with the Nd:YAG laser. It has by far the least post treatment redness. It hurts like hell on the beard, but not like the Lightsheer. It is very effective with almost no redness.

It will take at least 2 weeks before hair starts shedding from the beard with either of those lasers so be patient.

Aquaphor will help with post treatment redness, but it is a bit greasy for the face. It works great on the chest and armpits though.

You also might try some Tendskin.

RJC2001

Thanks. From everything I’ve read and learned from you and lagirl I think the Yag is the one I’m going to go with. It also happens to be the cheapest by quite a bit. My last 2 test spots tomorrow are one with a Yag and the other a LS, so I’ll be able to compare the difference in reddness duration. Heck, maybe with enough test spots I’ll have my whole face done :-).