Redness on each treated follicule

Hi everyone,

Does someone had the same reaction as me ? My last session (thermolysis) was 1.5 month ago. The electrologist work very well in my opinion I don’t feel any plucking. But the reaction of my skin really bother me especially when the weather is hot the redness on each treated follicule appears much more. Does someone experienced the same ? What should I do ? I wash my face every night and I hydrate it also.

Do you think I can sunbathe ? Maybe if I do my skin will be better ?

Thank you for your time. Have a nice day !

This is hyperpigmentation, which is a temporary and normal reaction to electrolysis. It’s more likely to occur with clients who are Mediterranean, Middle Eastern or South Asian. It tends to get better as you continue treatments, but it won’t completely fade until all your treatments are finished.

It appears more red when it’s warm because your blood rushes to the upper layers of your skin, but it’s not something to be concerned about.

There’s nothing you can or should do beyond a normal skincare routine. Hyperpigmentation may temporarily worsen with sun exposure, so you should avoid overexposure and use sunscreen as much as possible when exposed to UV.

1 Like

I still hope to regain the skin I had before electrolysis but it seems that 1 month (2 month for me now) is little to draw conclusion… lets keep hope !

Thank you I still have a lot of hair to treat so your answer reassures me I will continue the treatment and avoid sun exposure.

Could you post a photo of the treated area?

I’ve decided to stop after 1st treatment… I look like a victim of … something

I have been on this forum for at least 15-16 years and have never known anyone to state that electrolysis can “never” cause skin damage. What has been stated (repeatedly) is that in most cases what appears to be skin damage is temporary and will resolve over time. It has also been discussed that some clients might benefit from laser resurfacing or other medical procedures to smooth out skin abnormalities that do not resolve after a period of 18 months.