Redness and white spot

Hi everyone

I just came from my 7th session of electrolysis and I’m wondering if that redness is normal ? It last few days and then let some hyperpigmentation that are still there after 1 month (you’ll don’t see it on photo because of the redness). But I’m wondering about those tiny whites spots (see the blue arrow on the photo :sweat_smile:) what is it ? It’s the first time I have them. The electrologist used picoflash and she does the bulb to bulg movement with 2 impulsions. Sorry I hope I’m clear my english is not the best. My phototype is III and I have a sensitive skin.

Thank you for your help !

Maybe the energy level can be adjusted to help prevent the white pustules. For the amount of hair you have, the redness and swelling are to be expected. I see nothing alarming here. Talk with your practitioner. She may be able to refine this a bit. What were your aftercare instructions? Do you wash your face with soap and water before you go to your appointment? We like to work on clean skin and that might help reduce your chances for getting white pustules, too.

Thank you for your reply. I already talked with her yesterday it seems normal for her but she still reduced the energy level. I didn’t see any difference I still reacted the same.
What do you think about the method ? She works with thermolysis she send a first pulse in the bulb area then a second pulse in the bulge area.

Unfortunately in Belgium there is not a lot of electrologist otherwise I would try with another one to compare…

I always wash my face before the appointments. About the aftercare she sold me a gel hydraplus to apply during 48hr and no sun during these 2 days.

Blockquote
THERMOLYSIS is a wonderfully effective modality, just like BLEND and GALVANIC, so that is how I will answer your question. She needs to get the hair to slide out, no matter what modality is used. Maybe she she has some other tricks up her sleeve like using an insulated probe or a gold probe? Maybe she can use a bigger probe? Whatwever she is doing, I think you look normal for a large area and for those hair structures. She is using displacement where she hits the hair lower and then again in the middle, which is a technique that we all use for bigger, tougher hairs. Keep the communication open with her. Be polite. Develop a rapport with her (and she with you likewise).

The first several sessions can be the toughest. Use good after care. I personally like dabs of tea tree oil or rose hip oil, with REFRIGERATED organic, cold-pressed aloe vera gel applied generously over top of the tea tree oil or rose hip oil. Continue to use at home for three days. Try this and see what happens. Tell her you are trying this and give her feedback. We all have our favorite aftercare preferences. Experiment and see what works best for you.

1 Like