Red irritations around follicles on leg hair

I’m not sure if this problem fits under this topic, but couldn’t find anywhere to post about it:

I have a lot of leg hair, patches of which get rubbed off when I wear jeans or other pants that aren’t totally baggy. These areas are usually on my thighs and calves and I don’t really mind them at all, except many of the hair follicles in those areas are constantly an irritated shade of red. Little red spots, sometimes slightly raised, but they’re not ingrown hairs, just irritated skin around the follicle… sometimes there is still some stubble of hair coming out of the spot, sometimes it has been totally rubbed off by the friction. It’s kind of unsightly, but it seems to me that some kind of lotion or something would fix them… is it just irritation at the root of my hairs that can be alleviated with moisturizers? Anyone know of a skin care product that would help with this?
Thanks a lot…

You are just having a form of folliculitus. Tea Tree Oil would help that. Aloe Cortisone would help with irritation as well.

To keep this from happening, you would have to wear looser fitting clothing and reduce the amount of friction and pressure on your skin.

Thanks for the response. I do have some tea tree oil, do you recommend just rubbing it on the irritated areas with a cottonball?

That would work, although you could use less oil if you just dab a little on the area and rub it in, or if you don’t get a bottle with a drop shaker top, then you could use a cotton swab to dip in and apply it. A little goes a long way. You can even dilute things like conditioners, and bath water with ten drops of Tea Tree for a little added something.