Red dots

I’ve still got red dots after a week on the places i used electrolysis.
Will these eventually go away and what can i apply to speed up the process?

I’m sure somebody who knows more will reply to you soon, but since I happened to be on the Internet, I just wanted to assure you … they go away. :smile: I had them too.

I’m fairly new to electrolysis myself, but my understanding is that the dots are pretty normal and will eventually go away. I have had them with every treatment, but after reading some info about “Tend Skin” on this site, I decided to buy some and try it out. I am seeing a big difference since using it on the treated areas. I put it on the area right after treatment and follow up twice a day after that. The redness isn’t as noticeable and recovery appears to be much quicker. It’s rather pricey stuff, but in my opinion, well worth it. :smile:

Yes, the red dots are an unfortunate side effect, and they can be more noticeable in some consumers than others.

As dragonfly notes, Tend Skin is helpful for some. I always found witch hazel followed by aloe gel right afterwards helped reduce my own redness.

As an electrologist I cataphorsis, This is the process of putting a cotton roll with (I use wintergreen alchol and a water delution) on a steel roller and applying it to the skin that has been treated. It reduces the after effects of electolysis. When clients leave my office I hardly see redness as they have reported back to me that within the hour all redness has subsided.

Cataphoresis is a good option for those using pro equipment, but it can’t be done with the little battery-operated home units.

Actually it could be done with a home unit. Just as one may purchase tweezers to go along with the home unit, one could buy additional equipment for Cataphoresis, which is basically just a roller with the polarity reversed from the home unit to halt and neutralize the lye production. It can also have it’s problems as mentioned at http://www.susans.org/reference/electro/electrol.html

I’ve found that I can usually force the lye out onto the surface (external force of two finger nails) and then wipe it away and this seems to prevent excessive lye action. Does this sound like an adequate alternative to Cataphoresis for those that don’t have the extra equipment?

The problem with reversing polarity on a little home unit like the One Touch is that the stylet is not designed to be detachable. On a pro unit, you can just switch jacks, but with the bettery-operated models, there are no jacks.

Correct. I was thinking more of just hooking the Cataphoresis roller directly to a battery as a completely seperate apparatus. Since you generally use a higher amperage for Cataphoresis, the amperage would be about right with a 9 volt battery or you could slip in a $2 potentiometer to dial it down. A very simple setup that could be assembled at home. I’d certainly like to hear more about the effectiveness of Cataphoresis after Galvanic electrolysis.