red dots on face after treatment?

hello
i have been having elect on my face for 6 months now. when i first started my face reacted with lots of scabs. i was told this was due to having sensitive skin. the power was turned down. nowadays i sometimes get scabs but also get a red dot at each insertion site. again i was told this is due to my type of skin.

i decided to try other practitioners and found that my skin does not have to react like this. the next day i could not see any marks on my face. i feel they are using the same amount of power on my skin. so why am i getting red dots that last a week with my initial electrolysist? i do notice that she works faster than the others.

unfortunately the other two practitioners are a long distance from where i live, and are more expensive. i would like to continue visiting my intitial practitioner but dont wish to offend her. any ideas as to the cause of this?
thanks

what type of skin do you have?

Some people do have sensitive skin and react differently, however, other strategies can be tried and these side effects can most likely be avoided.

This is where practitioner skill comes into play.Also, good vision equipment helps with better insertions and the electrologist can actually see the surface of the skin reacting and thus change his or her recipe for timing and intensity.

Next, an up-to-date computerized epilator, when used properly, is an excellent tool to have whether you are the electrologist or the client. Makes a big difference for your skin, speed of treatment and time to completion, with a compliant client,like yourself. Makes a huge difference for the electrologist who will soon wonder why she/he didn’t make the switch a long time ago.

So, I don’t know if your first lady has less skill or poor equipment or both and the other two practitioners are clicking well on all fronts?? If you can get full clearances each time with one of the latter two ladies, it may be worth the drive every 2-3 weeks for a couple months. Are you almost to the end, though, being that you are six months into this?

By approaching your first lady with your disappointing skin after effects, you may help her do better for her clients, if she cares about such things. There is a polite way to approach anybody about anything. I personally desire feedback from my clients because it helps me improve.

Dee

thanks for the reply.
i feel it may be practitoner skill then with my initial practitioner which is causing this. she is pretty fast so maybe she is not taking great care with insertions?

all three electrologists do not use computerised machines, and the two that i had no after effects with did not even use a magnifying equipent, which i found strange. they all used a bright lamp though.

i am not aiming for clearance, just thinning as i have long blond hairs. i do have sensitive skin though and always use aloe for after care.

My instructor at my electrology school did not use visual aids either. I assume her clients got results, since she was an electrolysis instructor with great credentials, but I would have no way of knowing if they did or didn’t.

Who can even evaluate how well someone can see something as small as a hair follicle opening? We’re living on trust that the target is being probed correctly, glasses or no glasses. However, we can evaluate who did the better job at permanently removing the hair a year after the last treatment. Either it’s gone or not gone, (unless our body keeps stimulating new hair). Just had to add that last thing to be fair and accurate.

Dee

Hi hunnie, (No pun intended!)

I too have had trouble with red dots on my face after treatment, but only when I was being practiced on by other seniors in school. As we were constantly getting feedback on how we were doing by both other students and our instructors, this was the list of things that came up as probable causes:

1. Too shallow of an insertion.
  2. Too much power.
  3. Too large of a probe daimeter for the hairs being treated.
  4. Improper insertions (piercing through the follicle sheath or missing the follicle)
  5. Rubbing the area treated on the part of the client.

The practice that I have done since graduation supports these things with the 2 most important being depth of insertion and proper insertions into the bottom of the follicle.

The fact that an operator is fast does not necessarily indicate improper insertions. However the red dots do indicate that something could be wrong with the process.

It would be a good idea to give your practitioner some feedback. She sounds like a nice lady who is trying to give you the best deal for your money, but quantity can not replace quality. You might be doing her a favor to point out the problems that you are having.

I think that James will agree with me when I say that as an electrologist, we are constantly learning from our experience. I make it a point to tell my clients to let me know if they are experiencing anything that they think is unusual. I do not refrain from explaining what I am doing and why if they ask for an explaination and if I am not sure of the answer, I will not give them a line of bologna sausage. I will give them a qualified answer and tell them that I will get back to them when I find out for sure - and make sure that I do follow up on this.

This is my take. All the best!,
Joanie

I can’t see how anyone can make good insertions without magnification. I am so spoiled by my scope, that I can’t work with a circle lamp anymore.

You are getting the dots because of their quick “guesstimated” insertions.