recommended place in DC?

Can you please let me know if you know about a reputable and good Laser place in DC ? ( if you have recommendation about electro please let me know too)
I have so much hair that I want to take out. I am a man and I am aiming for back/shoulder/neck/facial.

Laser and an electrolysis combination sounds like the correct approach to take.

Would you be willing to drive to an electrologist outside of Washington, D.C. about 40 miles away?

Good laser places shouldn’t be a problem to find. I will do a search as I think someone was already recommended here?

Thanks for your reply. I am not sure I can drive out so often for electrlysis. But please let me know anyway if you know reputable places for Laser and for electrolysis.

For electrolysis: I have hair above my beard ( between my eyes, just under them and above my beard) everybody tells me I have a hairy face :slight_smile: You think it’s safe to do it just under the eye ? Not sure what to do about them but they make me look weird. I am afraid if electroysis leaves some marks I will be really upset. Although I plan to test that on a tiny area first.

MANY THANKS!!!

I found this please let me know what you think:

Contact
Skin Rejuvenation Clinic
1630A 19th Street NW
Washington, DC 20009
Tel: 202.299.9288
email: kkailian@gmail.com

I got it from the American Elec. Assoc.

And this:
http://www.althealthassociates.com/PageStaff.asp
they have both Laser and electrology

Electrolysis above the beard line and near the eyes is assured permanent hair removal. You may have some temporary skin reaction, but it is less likely to occur, or if it does occur, it won’t last very long when you choose a skilled electrologist using modern tools. You have to do your part regarding good aftercare, too, or you could unwittenly contribute to a less than satisfactory healing outcome.

What are your expectations as far as skin reaction? We need to destroy tissue that nourishes hair below the skin and we need to hit a target we can not see with near perfection. Not a problem for a skilled electrologist even though it sounds like a big hurdle to jump over.

If you freak out because you have some temporary healing reaction that lasts less than week, then a permanent solution is not for you. Those that get face lifts, waxing, tattooing, or botox treatments seem to accept their temporary reaction, but those who flirt with getting electrolysis demand no sign that individual hair follicles were invaded and disabled?

Electrolysis is safe, effective and you have to accept the normal, temporary healing reaction that goes with it, IIIIFFFF it even happens. A good electrologist can “kill” hair, leaving you a little pink for a couple minutes to a couple hours. A sub-par electrologist may leave you with a longer healing time. You have to get information and consultations with a few short treatments and decide who you will trust and hire. You should not except repeated overtreatment that leaves you looking like a acne-laden teenager for weeks. That would be worrisome. Get a mini-education about good electrolysis care, take some notes and think about all this and then you will make a good decision.

Dee

Thanks Dee. I am NOT concerned at all about anything that will last to a week or 2. I am concerned of having a quasi-permanent effect on my skin - either burn or acne or making it less smoother permanently. After all, if such scenarios are likely to happen I would prefer not to touch these areas at all. That was the motif of my question. Thanks very much for your reply.

I was also concerned about the nearness of these follicles to my eyes. I remember one guy didn’t want to wax me there, so I was wondering whether it is safe to do electrolysis on an area that is half an inch far from eye.

Many thanks and again if you have recommendations of a particular provider in DC please let me know.

I do not have a recommendation, wyo. Sorry. You can go to www.electrology.com to find a list of electrologists near your area and start the interviewing process. Whoever you go to will look at the area near your eyes and guide you. I get pretty close to the eyes. but not a 1/2" away, so I don’t really have a good idea about your particular description without a picture.

Good luck in your search.

Dee

Most recommendations have been for places right outside of DC, such as:

Carol Dando
Cosmetic Laser Medical Center
405 Frederick Road, Ste 200
Baltimore, Maryland (Catonsville area)
410-455-6196
www.biolaseraesthetics.com
Candela’s GentleYag
Candela’s GentleLase

Alternative Health Associates