Ready to use waxing strips?

Hi,

I am new to the idea of waxing. I see that its long lasting as compared to other temporary solutions.

I find a little messy and gooey situation using waxing creams. I heard about the ready to use waxing strips.

Can anyone please tell me if they give as good results as the regular waxing/sugaring method gives.

Thank you!

It all really depends on the strength of the hair, the tecnique you use and the quality of the wax used by the particular brand also plays a part. If you have the average level of hair you can usually get some good results. However, if you have coarse, tough hair, which some people do have the results may not be as good.

The best trick is really to try it out on an area for example your legs, this is generally a better idea than lets say your bikini line because firstly if you don’t do it properly it’ll be a lot less painful. Secondly, if it won’t work on your leg hair there’s a good chance it won’t work on an area like your bikini line or under arms where the hair is much tougher.

However, the most effective waxing method is using salon wax (doesn’t necessarily have to be done at a salon if you know how to do it and so on, but that does take time to acquire that skill and sometimes a lot of pain :wink: )

Regards,
Benji

Thanks a lot. That was so informative. Errm well I tried a waxing cream and as it was first time so obviously I didnt know how to go about it and it was pretty messy and painful.

I had been using shaving machine earlier by silk epil. A friend told me that these shaving machines affect skin colour and darkens it. Is that true?

Please guide me on it.
Thanks a lot:)

Shaving is nothing more than cutting the hair above the skin’s surface. There is absolutely not way that that does anything to the skin.

You posted the same thing on another forum about laser hair removal. Did the same friend tell you that as well? Where is your friend getting their information?

There is lots of information on this forum and the attached website www.hairfacts.com. You will find everything you need here, without a bias. I recommend not to take to heart all the random rumors that you hear.

Plucking and sometimes waxing can effect the color of the skin temporarily.

Silk Epil is an epilator, it doesn’t shave the hair, it rips them out just like waxing. I’ve seen die-hard waxers have hyperpigmentation from waxing, so I would say it is possible that a device like this could cause hyperpigmentation if the skin is traumatized.

Ah. That makes more sense. She called it a shaving machine, so I figured it was one of those electric shavers. Epilating is a different story.

Thanks all. That was really helpful.

Yes, thats true. Now I am more into googling for the correct information. And I happened to find a great site with very good & informative information, tips and products available for hair removal. You can visit that site by going here, http://hairremovalbasicinfo.com/

Thanks all again! Kind Regards :slight_smile:

P.S: I didn’t know the difference between shaving and sikl epil but I hope silk epil is safe?

Silk Epil is a rotary epilator. With rotary epilators the hair free period is longer than shaving, but there are also more side effects such as raised follicles, red bumps, ingrowns etc. And as Choice said, there have been others that have experienced hyper pigmentation from using the rotary epilator as the yanking sensation does traumatise the skin.

Run a search on the forum and you can see others experiences with these devices.

Regards,
Benji