Ready to give up, any encouragement?

I was so excited when I finally got a good machine to do electrolysis for myself at home. I’m ready to give up. I was using a size 3 needle, trying to do my legs and eventually my stomach area, but it’s nearly impossible for me to get an insertion where the needle just slides right in, and when I do, it’s rare that I can get a complete circuit. Any tips on how to improve my technique or should I just quit?

I was so excited when I finally got a good machine to do electrolysis for myself at home. I’m ready to give up. I was using a size 3 needle, trying to do my legs and eventually my stomach area, but it’s nearly impossible for me to get an insertion where the needle just slides right in, and when I do, it’s rare that I can get a complete circuit. Any tips on how to improve my technique or should I just quit?

Besides that I can’t imagine trying to perform insertions on myself, I can only suggest ensuring that you’re working on growth (anagen) hairs by shaving a few days before doing the insertions. Early stage growth hairs are typically easy to do insertions on, and the later the stage of growth, leading to resting (telogen) phase, the more difficult the insertion.

Is there any way you can recruit someone else to do your electrolysis with? Maybe on this board or craigslist or something like that?