Razor bump reduction

Andrea, Thank you for answering my questions. I did put aloe on it as soon as I noticed the bumps, and I did not wear make-up or go to the tanning room. I will let you know how the Tend-Skin works after I get it. You’ll have a nice evening. Joan

Hmmmm I think I may have some trauma to my hair follicles. I can’t tell whether these are all red from ingrowns or using an epilator for the past 6 months has damaged the follicles. I’ve stopped using the epilator for about 2 months now, but the red dots haven’t gone away. I’ve used Tend Skin for a couple of weeks, but I don’t how much results I’m seeing. Or maybe some of my hairs are just taking so long to bust through?

I definitley think I should go see a dermatologist and see what’s up with this.

Hey Andrea,

How much do derms usually charge for a consultation? I don’t have a health plan right now, are they going to tell me to get lost? (I have one for major emergencies but it doesn’t cover office visits).

This blows. :frowning:

Malanagaster,

Yes I stopped using Kalo.

Now stop chasing me around the internet asking me about Kalo. :grin:

Sorry Ted didn’t mean to harass you, but I was just wondering if it stopped working for you or something?

Well it doesn’t appear to have worked on me.

It did look like it was working when I was using it.

But I think I’ve damaged my skin from using the epilator, I’ve got alot of red dots on my stomach.

So now I’m letting all my hair grow out and am going to see a professional to get rid of these dots before I consider getting hair removed again.

That’s a little unsettling for me, since I just purchased Kalo.

I hope most of the others reporting success aren’t just seeing temporary results.

I should have known it was too good to be true.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by Ted Striker:
<strong>Oh, one more thing.

I’ve been using the Edge, Ultra Sensitive formula. This formula seems to be a copy of the Aveeno shaving gel, but it also has helped reduce irritation.

My next step will be to find a clear gel, (so I can see where I’m going) and a pre-shave beard softener, that’s why I’m looking at Black Opal.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Hi Ted,

I have this very product! It’s totally clear, non-foaming shaving gel that’s aloe vera based. You won’t slice off a mole or other bump or blemish because you can clearly see what you’re doing. I started my hair removal website because they stopped selling this product at my local drug store. I wrote to the company and they said the only way I could buy more was if I was “distributor”. So to get some, I started a website. I then asked what else they had and added those items that to my site. Since starting, I have been appalled by the false claims and outright dangerous advice out there on shaving and hair removal methods. I’m so pleased to be able to add a link to Andrea’s site. I’m sure you’ll like the shave gel at: http://www.marsindustries.net
As a Plan B, you might try wetting your skin and using a nice layer of plain aloe vera gel. Just keep it wet while shaving. You can get this green gel from any drug store and it usually has some lidocaine. Use some afterwards to minimize any razor burn feel and promote skin repair. Of course, you’ll have much better results with my stuff because it’s made for shaving. I have a full beard and with white foam everwhere I never could get the edges straight and always ran over a mole or something. I also tried the gel on my chest and stomach and really liked that I could easliy find the spots I missed by running my non-shaving hand over the area with a little more shaving gel and the stubbles stood out and smooth areas were smooth. You can also safely shave daily and it’s pretty quick.

Hey Maurice–

I checked out your site-- great to see a company that only sells legit products!

You are welcome to link to my sites, and please send your customers over here to talk about their experiences buying from your company.

Readers, I hope you’ll let me know if you buy from here. The prices seem pretty good, but I don’t have any feedback yet.

Thanks for the tips Maurice. I will bookmark your page and try some of that shave gel.

Does the electrolysis work well on ear hairs? Mine are really fine and light, but they do grow out pretty long. It’s hard to see exactly where they are coming from. Don’t you have to be able to see the hair follicle shaft to zap it? Or is just grabbing the hair with tweezers enough?

I do feel my skin, especially on the neck, has benefited from the Bumpfighter razor. It seems alot less red. There are still two spots on my neck where I still get a red spot.

i have been epilating my underarms and bikini area for about 3 months now. i’m finally getting the hang of it. but, i do get red bumps right afterward and often get a lot of ingrowns (i can’t shave cuz the razor burn is incredible and no matter what, you can always see those black hairs underneath the skin… i’m really really pale). anyway, my question is about tend skin and how to apply it-- cuz i heard you’re not supposed to exfoliate before or after applying it. so would the procedure be tend skin, epilate, tend skin again afterward then next morning exfoliate in shower, tend skin at night and continue that process?
also, what do you apply tend skin with? i read that andrea says you need to apply a lot of it… since it’s so expensive, what is everyone applying it with? ALSO, and perhaps more importantly, every salon in my area that used to carry tend skin is now discontinuing it cuz of some fda recall and need for reformulations. so do you suggest i try something new that they carry and recommend or what? any ideas?
thanks a ton!
gg

Hi goodgirl101– I discuss Tend Skin’s problems with FDA here. I’ll try to find out more about their current status.

I use Tend Skin immediately after epilating, and then after showers on following days. I find it is very helpful on ingrowns and helps exfoliate dead skin. I apply it with a cotton ball and put enough on to get the area wet.

Some consumers find it burns too much to use right after epilating. If this is true for you, you might try a milder product like Bikini Zone. Another option ios to cleanse the area with witch hazel followed by aloe gel. Don’t use deodorant until the redness subsides.

My legs are extremely sensitive to shaving and waxing. I get immediate razor burn and wind up scratching myself raw. I’ve been using an electric razor, but you just don’t get that same smooth effect. I was wondering if anyone out there know of any after, or before, shaving products that would help with this. I have tried so many creams and splashes for both males and females, but I just can’t seem to get rid of this razorburn. Any info or suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Debra, you might check out this thread:

Hairtell: Shaving tips thread

The most common causes of razor burn are

dull blades
not enough moisture
too much pressure
too many passes with the razor

Check the link above for tips on how to avoid common problems.

how long does epilating last for you? i just started a new discussion about it… it only lasts 3 days or so for me. is this usual? will i have better results with waxing? (i’m talking pubic area here) sorry to be so vulgar. :smile: thanks!

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by Andrea:
<strong>Hi goodgirl101– I discuss Tend Skin’s problems with FDA here. I’ll try to find out more about their current status.

I use Tend Skin immediately after epilating, and then after showers on following days. I find it is very helpful on ingrowns and helps exfoliate dead skin. I apply it with a cotton ball and put enough on to get the area wet.

Some consumers find it burns too much to use right after epilating. If this is true for you, you might try a milder product like Bikini Zone. Another option ios to cleanse the area with witch hazel followed by aloe gel. Don’t use deodorant until the redness subsides.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>

Goodgirl, epilating usually lasts a week or so before a see a few new hairs, which I’ll shave until I have time to do another epilating session.

If you wish to talk about hair removal inside the bikini, please post in the mature topics forum.

I have heard about Kalo and was considering buying it, and perhaps even selling it!

But maybe I should have a look at your search function.

I will come back

Well, I did a search and found that Andrea sais to avoid Kalo Hair Inhibitor.
What about Kalo Ingrown Hair Treatment? :confused:

phernand, I’m assuming from what I’ve read that Kalo’s ingrown hai product is similar to Tend Skin, i.e. an alcohol-based aspirin solution (a type of beta-hydroxy acid). If so, it’s probably fine. However, I urge consumers not to support companies that make unsubstantiated claims as Kalo does with their hair inhibitor.

Tend Skin is a great product to use and sell for ingrowns. Hair inhibitors have not demonstrated their claims with published data, so I suggest avoiding selling these products, as it might damage your business reputation in the long run.

Help me you guys, please?

I have had hideous razor bumps on my bikini area for years! This especially sucks because I have a nice stomach and I would like to wear a bikini.

I bought Tend Skin. Yesterday I tested a small area of my body with the Tend Skin, 3-4 hours later I waxed, and 30 minutes later I applied the Tend Skin. The redness disappeared. Later that day and night I applied the Tend Skin twice.

Today, I applied the Tend Skin early in the morning and I just applied it this afternoon. Its been almost 30 hours and I really don’t think I’m seeing any results. What’s going on? Someone please help me out! I hate these bumps! I’ve already tried everything under the sun!

thanks in advance

It may be your wax or the method you use to remove it. Irritation can be caused by reusing wax or strips, unclean working conditions, not preparing the area by showering or warming the skin, not putting down enough baby powder first, etc. I find that 100% aloe gel right after can help a lot, too.