questions: clearance pattern, team efforts?

Hello,

I am relatively new to electrolysis treatments. I’ve been getting weekly treatments for a few months now, on multiple areas. Overall I have been pleased. However, I have a couple questions for the forum.

1. For areas like legs, arms, is it ever possible to find two electrologists can work on the same person at once? With so much area to cover, 2x speed could be good. (Of course at 2x the hourly rate.)

2. Despite having told my electrologist that I want to be as close to smooth as possible, she always jumps around the area to thin it. She has also questioned my desire to be smooth a few times, saying it wouldn’t be natural. And that achieving smooth appearance may not be realistic.

My questions:

• Does it take significantly longer for an electrologist to jump around to thin an area, as opposed to working sequentially to clear an area completely?

• Is it reasonable for a guy to achieve smooth legs with electrolysis? It’s a big area, no doubt.

Many electrologists work alone.It’s just the nature of the business that makes this so. However there are some larger electrolysis firms, here locally we have one that has 8 electrologist working there. If you want more than one electrologist working, you’ll need to consult with a few firms and find if one is wiling to do this. It’s unlikely to be honest, because it would probably mean they have to move equipment around to provide two machines to work with.There are one or two companies that specialize in this kind of work, e3000 is one such example in the US though I keep hearing things about them, which I would consider concerning so please dont take this as a recommendation…it isnt ! The one caveate I would say though, is doing so would mean that you would have to work in thermolysis and with a pedal. I’m unsure how well having two posative anodes would work with the body, it might not go so well with any galvanic component.

Working on clearing an area is very possible. It would only take a quick look at Michael or Josepha’s photo’s to show that this is so. If your electrologist is refusing to work in the manner as directed, this would be a good reason to maybe try someone else out.
It’s completely reasonable for a guy to achieve smooth legs. It doesnt take any longer to jump around than it does to clear a patch since the same number of hairs will need to be removed and only the order of doing so is affected. I personally prefer to thin, just as your electrologist does, but I do have one client who prefers clearance and I work as she wishes on her. Your electrologists concern that the end result would look un-natural between sessions is a valid one, HOWEVER, in the end, if the customer wants something specific, and is willing to live with that result, then the customer is right. ALWAYS.

Seana

“The one caveate I would say though, is doing so would mean that you would have to work in thermolysis and with a pedal. I’m unsure how well having two posative anodes would work with the body, it might not go so well with any galvanic component.”

I understand the logic behind this statement, except in reality it’s not so!

I have worked with another electrologist (doing blend with DC-electrolysis), thus working with two DC-producing machines works fine (four foot switches total). The machines are easily adjusted independently and the DC current levels can be put where ever you wish.

(All areas under local anesthetic too … )

A while back, another Electrologist and I worked on a man’s back together using two epilators , same brand though, doing MicroFlash thermolysis, with no foot switches, just automatic timing. Worked great. We also did a pair of legs together. Since she was in the same building as me, moving equipment from one room to the other was not difficult.

Electronically speaking, this doesnt make all that much sense, but I will happily accept that it is so. However, I have to ask…( daughter of an engineer and all that) …how does that work?

When you use either DC or blend the patient holds the positive lead, and the probe itself is a negative/neutral conductor. I cant see how both machines dont detect the completion of circuit anytime either probe is inserted and both fire off simultaniously. Neither should care ( or know) where the negative current comes from, just that it’s present.

Seana

Mhmm, Dee was using thermolysis - so no conflicting currents from blend (blend should be possible if anode and cathode are sufficiently close to each othe and the fields of the two systems separated a bit by the remaining body).

Automatic mode is more interesting: if it uses a constant current to measure the resistance (i.e. skin-needle contact) the two machines should interfere with each other. If - what we do not know - the detection current is switched of immediately after detection (i.e. when the timer runs), the probability of interference should be mostly negligeable - it should be very improbable that both electrologist get skin contact at exactly the same time.

(Manually switched thermolysis should be of no problem at all if the area is large enough for two workers…)

It depends on the modality: for slower approaches with a few secs insertion time the time needed for jumping does not matter much, but if You are working somewhere close to 20 hairs per minute the extra time for moving, completely readjusting the probe, searching for the next place to insert does matter a lot. Similarly as search time becomes more and more important in the final stages of electrolysis when there are fewer hairs.

Everyone, thank you for the great information! This has been very helpful for me.

Hello Dudechillin
When I trained it was drilled into us to space the hairs to allow healing, not taking too many hairs in close proximity in one go, so thinning out. There is no reason why you cannot be smooth in any area of the body you wish if you are realistic in terms of how long it will take to achieve your goals and the cost is within your budget as large areas will take a long time to clear.
Elaine DRE MBAE (UK) 82
Brisbane Australia

I quite like the thinning approach, especially on visible areas. It minimises the odd look that having completely hairless areas in close proximity to very hairless areas gives. Goodluck.