questions about IPL

I’m considering IPL for the bikini and maybe more. I have (at least) two questions:

1/ how much does it cost? - I know it depends on a lot of things but I need a price range

2/ how to chose between a plastic surgeon and a dermatologist?

Thanks

why are you considering IPL and not necessarily true lasers as well? What is your skin and hair type?

1. bikini depends on how much you want gone. range is $100-250 per treatment and you will need 5-6

2. it doesn’t matter. they don’t teach hair removal at med school. you need to find someone who is very experienced and knows a lot about hair removal in general.

why are you considering IPL and not necessarily true lasers as well? What is your skin and hair type?

1. bikini depends on how much you want gone. range is $100-250 per treatment and you will need 5-6
  1. it doesn’t matter. they don’t teach hair removal at med school. you need to find someone who is very experienced and knows a lot about hair removal in general.

I’m not sure … in Europe it seems to be THE new way to get rid of unwanted hair. Less risks, better results

Would a dermatologist be less expensive? How to chose one? Yellow pages? Referal from my primary care doctor?

My skin is pretty fair and my hair is pretty dark.

for your skin and hair type, alexandrite or diode laser will work best. they are not any more dangerous or likely to cause negative effects than IPLs. But the results are likely to be better in your case with one of those lasers. they work best on light skin and dark hair. It’s the experience of the tech that will make a difference in how good and how fast your reduction will be and the lack of side effects.

you can run a search on one of the 3 of these forums for your country to see if any clinics have been previously recommended. Another way, is to run a provider search on the laser manufacturer’s websites (Candela, Cutera, Lumenis, etc) and also google of course.