Questions about hormonal problems

Until I found this site, I didn’t know that excessive hair growth could be caused by hormonal problems. Who would I have to go to to find out if that’s why I have this problem? My mother doesn’t have this problem, and my father, well, the only problem he has with hair is on his face. When he shaves or waxes his arms or legs, the hair doesn’t grow back. I wish I was that lucky. Anyway, what do they do when testing for hormonal problems? Would I have to see a dermatologist or medical doctor first? Is there ways to prevent the hormonal problems from interfering with hair growth in such ways?

Are there other things that could create problems with hair growth other than hereditary and hormonal factors?

Answers would be very helpful, thanks.

You give too little information.
Are you F or M?
What is your age?

In any event, ask your GP to suggest a reproductive endocrinologist. I specify reproductive because too many of my clients have gone to endocrinologists who seem to devote most of their time to diabetic issues.

Good Luck.

You should also put your location in your profile so we can help you find someone to remove the hair you already have.

Female, 16

I’d rather not put my location, sorry.

If you want to get your hormones checked then you should either see your general practitioner (or in your case your pediatrition), gynecologist, and/or endocrinologist.

You don’t have to put your exact location; just your city or at least your state/country.

There are plenty of ways for you to locate an electrologist with out giving your location. For treatment you need to consult and get permission from parents.

Okay, so I’ve cancelled out any electrologists or lazer until I’m older and have more money, but I was wondering…The sun bleaches hair, does it not? Is that because of the UV-Rays? If it is, then is it possible that tanning beds would have the same, or close to the same effect?

I’ve never heard of tanning beds bleaching hair. Besides the sun doesn’t bleach hair significantly.

Viewer Wrote:
There are plenty of ways for you to locate an electrologist with out giving your location.

Of course she can find someone without putting her location in her profile here. Of course, if her location happened to be Pocatello, Idaho USA someone might know of someone particular to send her to.

But, see, hair on me is almost black on white, would it at least make it seem lighter if my skin was darker? I don’t know, I’ve never seen anyone else with this much hair, and this dark before.

Hi Gross 987

Believe me I had leg har like that and it was gross. It took me nearly 14 years to wear shorts in public! It need not take you that long. Go for proessional help ASAP.
Regards
Stuart

I can’t afford professional help. I need something, just something to make it seem like less hair. That’s why I was wondering if tanning would help.

With the little amount of information you have given (we don’t know where you have excess hair, or even if you actually do yet) the cheapest thing we can tell you is to shave. That will work just fine as long as you don’t have alabaster skin and the darkest of hair.

Alright, hair is on hands, arms, upper lip, chest, back, stomach. What I mean by black on white is that my hair is almost black, and my skin is extremely pale. I can’t shave because it grows in much too fast.

Shaving should not be a problem unless the hair is so much darker and so thick that it is visible underneath your skin, seconds after shaving due to the translucence of your upper layer of skin.

I am curious, do you smoke, or use artificial sweeteners?

I don’t have time to shave every day, and that’s what I’d need to do. I don’t smoke or use artificial sweeteners.

James Im curious why you ask about smoking or artificial sweetners? Do they cause hormonal problems to become worse?

Both smoking and artificial sweeteners change the way the brain functions, and act on the chemical composition of the “brain soup”. Smoking alone changes the way the body relates to serotonin, glutamine and other amino acids. Artificial sweeteners cause chain reactions in the metabolic process that in many cases mimic diabetes, which in some cases causes increased hair growth.

On just Aspartame, check this link out:
http://www.rense.com/general33/legal.htm

Very interesting James…I smoke so I was curious. Thanks for the info.

I hope we will soon be counting you and many more as EX-smokers.