Questions about electrolysis (+picture)

My electrologist (one that i chose, i havent met her yet) told me that one session is 30 minutes long. Can she clea all of those hai during this time? isnt it going to be a big “burde” for my skin?

Not unless hse is superwoman and can move at light speed will she ever clear your hairs in a single session. And the approach your electrologist is taking is the correct one, short sessions where she takes the worst off. You will always see some hairs that wern’t there before because they weren’t visible, as they would have been out of growth cycle and now in a new one.

I’m not sure how many sessions so I wont venture an opinion, but if you have followed along so far anywhere between 3 and several dozen

Seana

on my trans clients, I can typically clear an upper lip (of the big hair) that’s never been touched before in about an hour of thermolysis. Typically, we’re looking at around 800-1000 hairs in that time. I’m careful with my levels and am constantly watching the skin’s reaction, then immediately follow up with cataphoresis, cold aloe/witch hazel and an ice pack before I move on to the rest of the face.

I don’t go for the finer hairs until further along in the process, and at that point, we’re normally doing 10-20 minutes for the upper lip. This if often where my cis female clients start in the process.

Keep in mind that facial hair is particularly dense compared to body hair and it’s also much more resilient than body hair. Anyone that can get their upper lip done in just 3 clearances didn’t have a lot of hair to start with, even if she’s going to the best electrologists.

All of that said, it’s vital to observe how the skin is reacting to make sure it’s not being overtreated and to advise the client of the consequences of overtreating. I have one trans client that I had to insist slow down from the pace that she was pushing herself at because she was going to push to the point of permanent damage in an effort to get rid of everything ASAP.

I’m beginning to like you :slight_smile: