Question for Mike Bono

Hello… I have asked a couple questions here and you have been so kind to answer and i thank you for that. I wanted to ask you another question and i wanted to ask it here because I’m sure others will benefit from the answer as well.

In video 4 of the healing skin, the first example you give is a raised patch of skin on a cheek from beard removal. You talk about how it is “swollen hard” and it can be avoided by not clearing. Unfortunately most of us are not aware of that and only find out when we have been cleared by our electrolgist and now are scrambling for answers.

I wonder if you could elaborate on this example a bit more? I’m happy to hear you said it was “of no lasting consequence”… so i take that as it WILL heal and flatten out, but can you talk a bit about what it is ( is it just fluid under the skin… or hard tissue that needs to turn over ) and what is an expected time frame to expect it to resolve. Any more information you can give about what exactly it is and the prognosis of its healing process would be so helpful. Especially if this takes a long time to heal. Sometimes if something isn’t gone in a month or two, you start thinking it will never be gone when maybe we are just not aware of a realistic time frame. Thank you.

You’re so sweet … except now have have to watch my damned video! lol … I will probably find mistakes or want to edit the thing; I always to. I forgot what I said in the video.

I’ll get to it when I’m a bit more lucid. I’ve been on heavy medication for an obnoxiously painful infection in my lower jaw (well, we hope that’s all it is!) But right now, I’m ALL about swelling and pain … none of it’s very nice.

Thing is, when you have pain, swelling and ANY post-op manifestation like oozing or scabs or dents … we ALL push the panic button … I do too!

Quickly though … the hard swelling is not problematic: it’s just excess fluids that have entered the area. This type of swelling is more common on areas where the skin is thin. For example, your upper lip is basically a flap of skin, unlike say the back … so, there is less tissue for the swelling to dissipate. Areas over bone (like the upper shoulders) will also show more swelling … again thinner skin and “no place to go.”

Still, I’ll watch the video again and see if I can pick up a few tips for you.

2 Likes

Thank you Michael… and please heal soon, you are a blessing to this community. ( jeez… reading that back sounds very self serving on my part, but it wasn’t meant that way ) :kissing_heart:

I was wondering if i could follow up with you on this post. Would you recommend any type of treatment to help reduce the swelling or the inflammation of whatever those “swollen hard” areas are? Ice or warm compress or massage or anything that might help reduce it? If not, in your experience how long would it take an upper lip to reabsorb it on it’s own? Thank you so much if you have a chance to answer this.