question for james or any other that may want to help

Hi,
Just wonder if you may help me. I am having electrolysis, the treatment is slow but i am just giving it time. I am very frustated because the lady charge me per hour, and while she is working on me, she also answer the phone, stants up and open the door for other customers, the last thing she did was answer the phone and stand up to look for a product that other customer was asking for in the phone, and she told me YOU NEED A BREAK !!! ARGGGGGG !!! That just killed my nerves. I have no other option because she is the only one in my area. I am a aesthetician, so i decide to try my self the treatments, i am readung books, and other to see how far i can go, i know that will be slow but at least i one to try.
i just got this machine, i will like to know if you can give some advise about if this machine is good and any other advise, anything will be really aprecitte

*please copy and paste that url to see the machine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2989181504&category=37802&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWN%3AIT&rd=1

thanks,

Gueisha

Not only is it rude and wasting your money, but highly unsanitary. She touches phone, pencil, door knob and then your face? Does she wear gloves?

You have a good old style machine. I would want to have it checked out by a service center to make sure that it was still functioning correctly, and read up on all the electrolysis books. You should also find out if your state is licensed or not so that you know what you have to do to add electrology to your practice if you are thinking of doing so.

You will find books and licensed state info at www.HairRoute.com

As for your practitioner, I hope that in addition to wearing gloves, she at least stops the timer that tracks your treatment time during these interruptions.

Thanks for all your help and advise.

About my practicioner she do wear gloves but still she answer to phone with the gloves in the hands and them she go back to touch my face   :angry:   , that is the reason why i decide to try something else.

Thank you very much, glenda    :smile:

Hi again,

I have another question about this kinkel machine, what kind of needles i should used ? 

i order Precision Disposables, it is that ok ? can i used any kind of brand of needles ?

thanks, glenda

Yes, you can use any brand of electrolysis probe. You just need to know if your machine uses F shanks, or K shanks. Most machines are on an F shank, so you would need only to figure out what size probe you need for good treatment. So you would order, for instance, F3, or F5 probes.

Most home workers who have tried them have reported back here on hairtell that they liked the Ballet Gold probes for the easy use and feel they provide.

Of course, if you have somthing that is working for you, then good for you.

A follow-on to James’s comments.

To use a different kind of needle, you may need to get a different needle holder.

The holder consists of four parts: The connector to the machine, the cord, the handle, and the vise or other attachment for the needle.

The connector to the machine can be of several types. I’m most familiar with BNC, and I believe it’s the most common. You can use just about any holder on your machine as long as the connector is compatible.

The cords differ by their length. The manufacturers specify a certain length, but I can’t believe the length makes any difference whatsoever.

The handle is by and large a matter of personal preference.

James’s comments about F and K shank are referring to one-piece needles such as the Ballet. If you’ve ever looked at a sewing machine needle, they look like that but a lot thinner and smaller. The large end is held in a clamp, which is part of the handle.

Two-piece needles consist of a barrel with a wire - the needle - sticking out. These are cheaper to make. That doesn’t mean they are worse.

To my mind, the main benefits of the one-piece needles are that they can be inserted a short or long distance into the clamp (making the visible portion shorter or longer), and the needles can have a taper which, if inserted into the follicle, can reduce RF to the upper portion of the follicle.

• Eric

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>The cords differ by their length. The manufacturers specify a certain length, but I can’t believe the length makes any difference whatsoever. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>If the cord gets too long, it compromises the accuracy of the treatment energy output. The longer the cord, the less energy that is reliably making it to the end of the probe. You may think that the difference is small, but we are dealing with small amounts of energy here. The added resistance can make the difference between a good treatment at one setting, needing to set the machine at a higher setting to get the same result. In short, the accuracy of the setting controls will be off if the cord is not the right length. Shorter makes the setting more powerful, and longer makes it weaker than the setting selected. The machine was calibrated for exactly the cord length that the machine came with.

Hi James,

I received your private, but i can not reply it says your mail box is full.

If you can let me know were you are located

Thanks, glenda

Hi,

Just want to thanks DIY'er  and james for all the advise and help.

glenda

Glenda, glad to share what I’ve learned. Feel free to post back with any other questions, and I’ll help out in any way I can.

James, I remain a skeptic - RF signals are attenuated very little over coax, and the DC certainly doesn’t care about length - but since I don’t know for sure and am not about to prove it one way or the other, I punt …

Maybe it’s the capacitance of the cable? Any EE’s want to comment?