Question for James and other skilled electrologists

I have very fine, long dark hair on my face that I need removed as it is noticeable. I want to ask three questions before continuing with my new practitioner. My practitioner uses thermolysis with an insulated probe. I never have scabs, just redness for 1 hour after and then the skin looks like normal. I have very fair, very sensitive skin, that my practitioner says is like porcelain. I am wondering 3 things:

1. Is is possible to get pitted skin/scarring even if you do not get scabs and skin looks like new after 3 hours? After reading several posts and hearing that damage is cumulative, I got concerned and I fear I see little pits almost like an enlarged pore.
  2. Because of my fair delicate skin, would it be better to use blend and be less likely to have damage in then long run? I fear any pitting after reading Kel’s post, I feel so bad for her and want to protect myself.
  3. My practitioner recently switched the heat lower for a longer duration (3 Seconds at a 3 vs. 1 second at a 4.25) due to one bad treatment. Is this okay or is my skin more likely to be damaged due to the longer duration??

Sounds like you’re doing just fine. This is the skin reaction that my clients usually have. Actually, I’ve spent some time here trying to convince people that it is possible to have very minimal skin reaction to electrolysis, where the redness goes away within an hour (often even less). Of course it depends on many factors, like the body area, hair and skin type and the like, but one doesn’t need to have brutal side effects that some people get or fear.

If everyone would invest in the newer equipment, the kind of results you and I give our clients would be the norm. We also need for people to stop listening to that old style thought process that you create a treatment setting based on the pain tolerance of the client, instead of setting a treatment based on the type of hair being treated. So many people are overtreated just because their practitioner has the wrong idea about how to create a treatment setting.