Question for hairfetish

I’m new here, sounds just like home! He said, she said…I had three laser treatments back in the olden days when it was REALLY expensive for my chin hairs and upper lip. I was so glad to finally quit waxing, but when I had a complete hysterectomy I got a few dark hairs back and had them removed by electrolosys. I am totally happy with the results. I am saving $$ for laser for the legs…or a face lift. Just can’t decide, maybe the hair now and for my 55th I’ll ask for a face lift for my birthday. :wink:

There’s no doubt I was making observations about you Hairbegone, and if you are insulted by them fine. I was verbalizing what the other 4 people must of been thinking when they gave you the lowest possible member rating. By the way, #4 on your list is a joke I was making. See, I’m giving a made up statistic while making fun of the idea of making up statistics. It’s a layered joke with no emodicons or LOL’s, so I appologize if it was too sophisticated. That’s fine if your telling me I can be a dick sometimes, and I appologize for that. What does any of that have to do with an attempt to make fun of a persons physical appearance?Comprende? It seems like you have an idea in your head about Laser, others are having successful treatments, and instead of trying to learn from them you want to bring it down to your level and shout at it until you feel like your right about something about it all being a big scam. Luckily My treatments are going well thanks to some posts from RJC2001 and some new technology. The most important thing he told me,besides the news that the Aurora worked for him, was that I should get a patch test before spending a bunch of money. You should try reading more and talking less if you ever hope to understand what is actually being said. Maybe ask questions, instead of making accusations. Instead of blurting out that RJC2001 is not telling us something and that Laser isn’t working for him, try just asking him if Laser is working for him. Don’t tell him he’s not happy, ask him if he’s happy.I think it’s safe to say you have a lot of unwanted hair that you are desperate to get rid of, and you seem unable to figure out a realistic answer to the problem. You seem unhappy. All I can say, is keep doing what you’re doing and you’ll keep getting what your getting. Or do as others have advised you and change you attitude if you want to attack your problem in a realistic way. Despite how I come off sometimes, my hope is that you will do this so that you can be happier in your life. By the way, wlecome to Forum lannjo :wink: !

[ June 15, 2004, 06:52 PM: Message edited by: redhead ]

Let’s try to avoid any further personal comments and stick with discussing first-hand personal results or verifiable clinical data with citations, or I will lock this thread and/or remove several of the posts.

This is an emotionally charged issue for many people, and I want everyone to feel safe to share their peronsal experiences and how they feel without being attacked. There are plenty of forums where you can do that.

I try to use an extremely light touch moderating here, so I am counting on everyone to remain thoughtful and respectful even when we disagree.

Thank you to everyone on this thread who has made comments, and I hope you will continue with the level of respect that makes this forum so great!

[ June 15, 2004, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Andrea ]

Nice to see all of the strong view points here.

I have been away from the board for some time waiting too form an true opinion of how laser and electrolysis have been working for me. I guess it is time to post a full account of my experiences to date. I will try and get it in this week. Not sure how to or if I can add pictures to my post but i will grab a few photos of various areas as to what they look like now after 2 years since the start of my hair removal experience.

Chris

Yes, please post some pictures that would be great to see some more results. I have not done a search for your previous postings but can you please also give some more details like the laser used and it’s settings and the frequency of your visits and how many times you had treatments.

Thank you.

Hairbegone, hair growth cycles do not necessearily follow a nice 12 month cycle. Plus laser treatments can alter the growth cycle. That is why I can still get results having a few treatments a year. Maybe it takes me longer doing ti this way but that is OK with me.

I had such good results the first few treatments I did not feel a need to abandon my summertime activities for hair removal. The bottom line is that laser has worked for me and I am happy with it.

BTW, felictas’ comments are about laser and electrolysis are 100% right on the money.

If you don’t feel that laser will work for you, don’t use it. Start with electrolysis but patience an persistence will be required. If you want permanent hair removal, it will require considerable time and money. Good luck.

RJC2001

RJC2001
I have quit laser for the summer after having 12 treatments over the last 12 months on my face/neck.I found that the closer together i had each treatment there was less pain due to the hair dencity, and I could increase the power leval so increaseing the affectivenessof the treatment.
I like you wish to enjoy the summer but feel that any progress i have made in increaseing the power used will have been lost over the next 6 months and I will be back at square one .Is this what happens with you or do you find you can start your treatments where you left off?

[ June 23, 2004, 10:24 AM: Message edited by: mark1 ]