Question for Andrea

Hi Andrea, I saw in one of your posts that you mentioned how you remembered the first and last time you shaved your face. What did you do to end this habit? I know I am stuck with it having such terribly dark hairs on my face. I started over 15 years ago back in those awful high school days…and if I wait to make it grow, there is nothing I can do about it. It’s so black and disgusting. How did you handle it? Thanks!

My facial hair was reddish-brown, and it was COARSE! :fearful:

I had electrolysis done, but I really had no idea what I was doing when I started.

I looked into laser, but I have been told by several dermatologists I am not a good candidate.

I went to an electrologist who was really nice, and she did clear my face, but it probably took a little longer than it should have and left my skin a little worse for wear. One of the main reasons I started my site was to help people make smarter, more informed choices than I did. I basically wrote what I wish someone would have handed me when I started!

The last time I shaved my face was November 1996. I was cleaning out my closet the other day and found the old dusty electric razor I used to use. I can’t tell you how great it is not to deal with that any more!

So, there’s permanent options out there, but it takes a lot of research to find the right person for the job. Choose carefully and do your homework up front, and you’ll save yourself a lot of trouble later!