Question about timing of regrowth..

Okay, so I am a habitual shaver lol. I’ve never used a depilatory cream on my bikini area, and have tried a brazilian wax and a brazilian sugaring. I know that everyone says at these salons that the waxing and sugaring are supposed to last for three weeks…but I have found that it lasts for 4 days to a week TOPS. I was just wondering if this is fairly normal to every one else… 'cause I think that it may be almost pointless to shell out that kind of money if that’s gonna be the case always for me. lol

Do you think the hairs are breaking off under the skin?

I wax my own legs and it lasts about the same amount of time. It was only marginally better when I was getting it done professionally.

actually i noticed more so with the sugaring that hairs were broken as opposed to actually being pulled out. still for the most part the sugaring lasted a couple days longer, with the exception of the broken hairs growing out and getting ingrowns after like five or six days…that was no fun.

Have you considered laser hair reduction? Are you a good candidate for laser?

I have no idea if I am a good candidate for it, however I am not able to afford it in any way shape or form at the time being lol.

How much do you think it costs? Most people assume it’s more expensive than it actually is. If you’re just doing regular bikini, treatments are usually around $100 each and you need around 6-8 spread over 1.5 years (every 3 months or so). So it’s really not that expensive for what you get. If you can save up $100 every 3 months, you can do it. You probably spend more on going out to eat, drinks, clothes, etc.

I had it done and only needed 6 treatmens which removed 98% of the hair. I extended how much I was taking off mid-way through, so it cost me $100 each for first 3 treatments and $150 each for the rest. Professional waxing, which is temporary, usually costs $40-50 per treatment. And most clinics take credit cards too. It was the best thing I did for myself and it was totally worth it.