Question about electrode with galvanic

Hello!

I just came back from a long, marathon session of galvanic electrolysis. They used a sponge electrode under my back to complete the circuit… or so I thought. Upon getting up after the long hours of laying on my back (btw, has anyone found a good way to alleviate back pain… I’ve tried ALL the pillows under the knees), I noticed that the electrode may have been more on my shirt than on my back for at least a good two hours of it because my shirt was soaked, and also, more terrifying, for the last hour at least, I saw that the electrode didn’t seem to have been fully “plugged in” to the cord coming out of it. I went to push the cord in it further, and it definitely was loose before.

If either of those things was the case, does that mean that entire session was a waste because the circuit wasn’t completed and the chemical reaction didn’t occur? Would the technician know if the chemical reaction was happening or not happing inside my follicles? I’m not sure I would know… it only really hurt or felt like anything to put the needles in, not after the needles were inside “cooking.” How will I know next time??

Yes, the circuit must be completed for a galvanic electrolysis treatment. It is pointless otherwise.

There are a few ways the electrologist can know that the chemical reaction is happening. Some machines have an indicator (mine has an LED light) that shows when the circuit is completed and current is applied. Otherwise, froth from the follicle, a smooth release, skin redness and inflammation are all good indicators that the lye is being created in the follicle.

As a client, the current usually causes some discomfort, though if the galvanic intensity is low enough, you may not feel much at all. It depends on your pain awareness/tolerance. Your skin reaction after the treatment can indicate if anything happened, so check for the redness and inflammation as soon as possible after treatment.

1 Like

Thank you for your detailed response!

That LED light sounds like a good investment!

I think my skin looks like there has definitely been some kind of disturbance in the follicles (red and inflamed), but the insertions definitely hurt the worst out of all it. I don’t know why it hurt more to put the needle in than I’ve felt before (using other modalities - thermolysis and blend- at different electrology businesses). I worry the inflammation is just due to the difficult, painful insertions and not due the true chemical reaction due to the circuit possibly being compromised. Or are the needles bigger or something with galvanic to make it harder to put them in?

Where do you practice?

That’s interesting how she puts it on your back? Lately I can’t help but wonder the relation between the area being treated and location of electrode ( part of body it is in contact with)

I frequently from almost every electrolgist I have asked their response was “ it doesn’t matter “

I’m curious to know if they are saying that because they don’t know or if it really doesn’t matter. I mean has anyone actually experimented by having the client switch arms or move electrode to different part of body and take not to weather the hair releases more easily or even if it affects the discomfort level

This could very well not make much of a difference but I’m just critically thinking here

I guess my approach of checking the electrode position could have faults since each hair treated would be in a different location than the Previously treated hair and other factors would affect it such as how accurate of insertion and angel ect

You can check this :