Quest pharmatech

Sounds like they are giving up on the hair removal “quest”. Too bad. If they found something that works, they could become trillionaires. Cancer research is more important than permanent hair removal, as it should be.

I’m not sure that is exactly what they are saying:

“Concluding the sale and/or licensing of its suite of dermatological product candidates, including SLO17 for Actinic
Keratosis and SLO17 for Hair Removal, in order to accelerate Quest’s focus on oncology.”

This would lead me to believe that these products are still very much viable as they plan to sell OR license the product candidates.

Management Discussion and Analysis (July 31, 2009)

The Company’s lead product, SL017, is a topical formulation indicated for dermatology applications. The utility of SL017 with Intense Pulsed Light has already been demonstrated for hair removal applications in a Phase I clinical trial. The Company has recently completed the enrollment of 110 patients in a Phase II clinical trial for the same indication. Use of SL017 with a commercially available light delivery system is likely to overcome some of the limitations associated with the light treatment alone.

They have not managed to achieve their aim to develop perfect hair removal method, but maybe they will come with some advantages in this field… As was mentioned in one of the reports, this method could be potentially useful for light color hair removal.

Any idea where are the phase II trials are being physically conducted?

they’re being tested locally in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. I live here so i think i will shoot them an email and see if i can get in the phase III trials which is testing of the final product.

That would be great nervx… I have tried to email them, but my mail was undelivered :frowning:

I managed to get in contact with them. They say that focus testing is being done in europe now. So it looks like im out of luck getting in on the trials. To me it doesnt make sense why they would do them way over there and they didn’t say why. My only guess is that it’s faster to get through testing in europe than it is in canada.

do you know when they think to come out with a product for the public? or when the testing should be done?

I guess this is it. the hair removal technology can’t be found on their page anymore.

http://www.questpharmatech.com/

Photoderma haven’t updated their page for ages.
Has anybody made experience with applisonix yet?

I recommend to move back to electrolysis (blend :wink:

Hello! I am a long time viewer, new time Contributor. After badgering him with many unresponded to emails, here is the reply I just received from Mr. Madi R.Madiyalakan,Ph.D, CEO at Quest Pharmatech, about SL017.

Dear Mr. *********,

I am sure I have responded to your e-mail in the past. In any case, we are still developing the hair removal product in collaboration with many of partners; and currently, we have no news to share with outside world. When we make progress, we will definitely issue a news release. Thank you very much for your continued interest in our products.

Sincerely,

Madi

The only thing I could find openly on their website was a brief quote under the Business Development Tab > Licensing and Partners:

Partner for Manufacturing Development: Quest Pharmatech and the Alberta Research Council (ARC) have formed a strategic alliance to develop fermentation based technology to manufacture Hypocrellin B, one of the essential ingredients for SonoLight Technology. The ARC will undertake research to develop a semi-synthetic method for the manufacture of Hypocrellin B. If the project is successful, Quest will receive an exclusive license to the developed technology from the ARC to manufacture and commercialize HB based products including SL017 for dermatology and SL052 for oncology applications.

I’m afraid that’s all I could find at the moment. They are very secretive about their work. Hopefully others will be able to discover more info. as time goes on. In the meantime, what are the other best alternatives for home hair removal that work? Thanks!

Hi Everyone,
I too am a long term viewer but new time contributer to this site but am also holding out hope for a ‘permenant’ hair removal solution that works on fine blonde hair.

I think PDT sounds promising and after alot of surfing the net I have found a company called Lasemar 800 who are already using pdt for hair removal.

Has anybody heard of this and what country is it avaliable in?

Carebear can you provide the link to Lasemar 800 site? I couldn’t find anything on the net.

Its: http://www.eufoton.it/eng/estetica.htm

Lasermar 800 is a machine according to that link and it uses a 808nm wavelength which is exactly what the Lightsheer uses. The Soprano uses 810nm.

I don’t understand what suppose to be special in this machine but if it actually use 808nm for hair removal then they might be in trouble because Lumenis own the rights on that wavelength.

Hello all,

I have emailed Quest Pharmatech and they basically said that they have to conduct many more trails before consumer launch as SLO17 has been classified as a drug by the FDA.

I got no impression of when they are hoping to acheive this by but really hope they hurry up (although I really dont think we will see anything in the next couple of years). Has anyone else heard anything?

Thanks for following the SL017 trail and coming back to update. I hope they are in good financial standing so they can continue their work.

The Pharmatech page on the SL017 is still up, but I think they’ve discontinued the research. The page is an old template compared to the updated site. You can’t get to the page from the current site links anymore. The old page describes their focus as pursuing developments for dermatological conditions and prostate cancer therapy. The new page describes their focus as the treatment of cancer by combining immunotherapeutic antibodies with chemotherapy, photodynamic therapy, radioimmunotherapy or immunoadjuvants.

:frowning: