Quest pharmatech

September? Last I heard, they second round of trials was supposed to be concluded in June.

the article can be read on their homepage on the left site
i think september is okay coz they also promise to develop a home use kit

sounds prommising… does anyone know how long it could take for this thing to hit the markets if all goes well in the clinical trails… are we talking months after or (the one im hoping its not) yeaars later…
if anyone knows nething about this stuff please enlighten me…
thanks guys.

Hello ALL!

I finally got some answers to the new topical solution that may one day PERMANENTLY remove hair. This is still in clinical trials, but this is the response I received:

Thank you very much for your interest in our hair removal product. Being a publicly traded Company, I restricted in disclosing many information unless accompanied by a news release. I will try to answer your question as much as possible.

1. Our fifty patient clinical trial results are not expected before September 2007.
  2. Based on the mechanism of action of our product, we anticipate the product to be useful of all hair/skin types.
  3. We are hoping this method to remove hair permanently; we need to get the clinical data to further confirm it.
  4. In the current clinical trial we shave the hair before applying the gel.
  5. The market launch date for this product for Canada and Asia will be determined upon completing the current clinical trial. Our strategic partner, Paramount Biosciences will soon be initiating development for US and Europe.
  6. So far we have not noticed any side effects.
  7. Prices are yet to be determined

Once again, I thank you for your interest and wish you all the best.

Regards,
Madi

Keep your fingers crossed!

Mike

Quest PharmaTech and Paramount BioSciences Sign Exclusive Multinational License Agreement to Develop and Commercialize SonoLight Technology for Dermatology Appl
(posted on 14/05/2007)

On this related topic
licensing agreement

92 news
EDMONTON, AB and SAN DIEGO, CA, May 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ - Quest PharmaTech Inc. (“Quest”) (TSX: QPT) announced today that Paramount BioSciences, LLC, has acquired multinational rights to Quest’s proprietary SonoLight technology for dermatology applications. Paramount BioSciences is a global drug development and healthcare investment firm with a portfolio of life-sciences-focused companies. The deal gives Paramount BioSciences access to a library of Hypocrellin B-derived photosensitizers which are activated by light or ultrasound energy sources. Quest’s SonoLight photosensitizer technology is designed around Hypocrellin B, a complex small molecule isolated from a parasitic fungus (Hypocrella bambusae) normally found in Chinese bamboo trees. Multiple Hypocrellin B derivatives are available for evaluation in a wide variety of dermatology and oncology indications. The lead compound, SL017 formulated as a topical gel, has been combined with a widely available light source for permanent removal of unwanted hair and for treatment of actinic keratosis.

Under the terms of the agreement, Paramount BioSciences is responsible for dermatology-related development and commercialization activities outside of Canada. In addition, the agreement with Paramount BioSciences allows KMH Co. Ltd. to develop SL017 as a cosmetic for hair removal in Asia and acne in South Korea. In return, Quest will receive an immediate upfront payment and potential future milestone payments in excess of $35 million USD plus royalties on sales. Quest will retain Canadian rights for dermatology and worldwide rights to non-dermatology applications.

“Paramount BioSciences is very excited to be involved in the SonoLight program. We have already mobilized our in-house team to begin product development and lay the groundwork for the Paramount portfolio company that will continue development and ultimately commercialize this novel technology,” said Bertrand Liang, Vice Chairman of Paramount BioSciences.

Quest is exploring the possibility of introducing SL017 topical gel to the Canadian cosmetic market for permanent hair removal after the completion of their ongoing clinical program. KMH has recently initiated a clinical program with the objective of registering SL017 as a cosmetic product for hair removal in Korea.

“I am very pleased to have found a strategic partner like Paramount BioSciences who shares our vision in the potential of our SonoLight Technology, and has the expertise and financial resources to develop SL017 for the U.S and European markets,” said Dr. Madi R. Madiyalakan, Chief Executive Officer of Quest.

About Quest PharmaTech Inc.

—————————————-

Quest is a publicly traded (TSX Venture Exchange: QPT), Alberta-based drug development company committed to the development and commercialization of new pharmaceutical products. It is developing a series of products for the treatment of cancer and dermatological conditions based on its unique photodynamic and sonodynamic therapy platform.

Quest will continue to develop SL017 for dermatology applications for the Canadian market as well as SL052, Quest’s second product, and other compounds for worldwide oncology applications. SL052 is an injectable formulation that is in late-stage pre-clinical development for prostate cancer treatment. The practical application of SL052 photodynamic therapy treatment system on the prostate gland has already been demonstrated in a canine prostate model.

About Paramount BioSciences

—————————————-

Paramount BioSciences, LLC (http://www.paramountbio.com) is a global drug development and healthcare investment firm focused on the in-licensing of novel therapeutics, and the formation of new biotechnology companies.

Forward-Looking Statements

—————————————

Except for historical information, this press release may contain forward-looking statements, which reflect Quest’s current expectation regarding future events. These forward-looking statements involve risk and uncertainties, which may cause but are not limited to, changing market conditions, the successful and timely completion of clinical studies, the establishment of corporate alliances, the impact of competitive products and pricing, new product development, uncertainties related to the regulatory approval process and other risks detailed from time to time in Quest’s ongoing quarterly and annual reporting.

“TSX Venture Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved of the

information contained herein.”

http://www.prnewswire.com/
Source: PR Newswire

They made an agreement with a company to develop a home use light device.

http://micro.newswire.ca/43406-0.html

Hi all,
Shouldn’t the results for Quest’s clinical trial be in this month? Anyone heard anything?

You most likely won’t hear anything until October at the earliest as they will have to analyze the results of the trial.

Hey guys,
Quest presented at a BioSciences conference a few days ago. You can view their presentation here:

http://www.biocontact.qc.ca/english/presenters/pop-entreprise.php?compagnie=769

There are some photos of the Phase II trial underway which look promising!
Their goal is to first release SL017 to clinics and spas for use with IPL and then to market a home use device all in the next 12 months.
We have heard this before but its good to see some photo evidence at last!
Hope they can make it work.

Cheers.

Should I buy some stock so I have income when this invention puts me out of business?

I’ll read this later. Thanks Eddy for watching Quest for us.

The hair removal information is from page 35 on. Looks like they could be using this stuff in about 12 months in two markets other than the US. They claim it would cost less than laser treatments. They did hair counts at day zero and day 42. Forty-two days is hardly a hair growth cycle, so I’m squinting my eyes on that one.???

Dee

absolutly right 42 days is way too soon to tell if it really works or not.

I know everyone is different and I have no idea what part of the body that picture is on, but the hair on my upper arm after laser grows back exactly in 5 weeks and in 6 weeks (42 days), I basically am covered again. I’m just being optimistic, but I need to see the results on specific body regions and a good 3 or 4 months out. Either way it is exciting to think there may actually be something that could be effective and permanent.

Mike

mike you seemed to be following this very well, please update us on any thing new that you might find, thanks.

Any updates on Quest Pharmatech? I visit their website weekly and there have been no updates.

Have they finished the Phase I clinical trials yet? Maybe there is nothing to report because studies are ongoing.

Haven’t heard anything. Anyone try e-mailing them? They are pretty good at responding.

I’ll e-mail them later when I have time.

Quest has been updated. Does anyone know if this is good or bad news below?

Thanks

http://micro.newswire.ca/release.cgi?rkey=1511295832&view=43406-0&Start=0

Attention Business Editors:

Quest PharmaTech Announces Closing of Private Placement and Provides other Corporate Updates
Trading Symbol: QPT: TSX Venture Exchange

EDMONTON, Nov. 29 /CNW/ - Quest PharmaTech Inc. ("Quest" or the

“Company”) announces that subject to TSX Venture Exchange approval, it has
closed a non-brokered private placement with the sale of 6,386,667 common
shares at $0.15 and $0.1667 per share for net proceeds of $913,200, including
$7,500 raised from an insider of the Company. The Company paid a 10% finder’s
fee to a third party in connection with a portion of this private placement.
The common shares were issued to qualified purchasers in Alberta and
outside of Canada in reliance upon exemptions from the applicable registration
and prospectus requirements of securities legislation. The common shares are
subject to a restricted period which expires 4 months from the date of
issuance. The funds raised will be used for general corporate purposes over
the coming months.
Quest also announces the resignation of Mr. Bert Quint as a director of
the Company for personal and family reasons.
The Company also announces the following grant of stock options:
(i) 150,000 stock options to its three independent Board members and (ii)
500,000 stock options to officers and employees. The exercise price of the
options is $0.25. All allocations will be subject to approval of the TSX
Venture Exchange.
Finally, the Company announces the issuance of 240,000 common shares from
treasury, to be allocated to the original inventors of Bionex related to a
September, 2001 technology purchase agreement. The common shares are subject
to a restricted period which expires 4 months from the date of issuance.

About Quest PharmaTech Inc.

The Corporation is a publicly traded (TSX Venture Exchange: QPT),

Alberta-based pharmaceutical company committed to the development and
commercialization of new pharmaceutical products. It is developing a series of
products for the treatment of cancer and dermatological conditions based on
its unique photodynamic and sonodynamic therapy platform.
Except for historical information, this press release may contain
forward-looking statements, which reflect the Company’s current expectation
regarding future events. These forward-looking statements involve risk and
uncertainties, which may cause but are not limited to, changing market
conditions, the successful and timely completion of clinical studies, the
establishment of corporate alliances, the impact of competitive products and
pricing, new product development, uncertainties related to the regulatory
approval process and other risks detailed from time to time in the Company’s
ongoing quarterly and annual reporting.

"TSX Venture Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved of the
information contained herein."

%SEDAR: 00008400E

For further information: Dr. Madi R. Madiyalakan, CEO, Tel.: (780)
448-1400 (Ext. 204), madi@questpharmatech.com, Web site:
www.questpharmatech.com

Additional info about hair removal:

http://www.questpharmatech.com/pdfs/Product%20info.pdf

http://www.questpharmatech.com/pdfs/Quest%20fact%20Sheet%20Sep07.pdf