Purchased NoNo 8800

I purchased new product NoNo 8800 from after seeing TV advertising.
After 2 weeks unit arrived and I was so happy to use it.
The first surprise was, when I discovered that this unit is not using any source of light for hair removal as advertised in TV commercial where they showing product and creating impression, that its working on principle of some light source (or laser).
The truth is: this product is working on principal of burning hair by high temperatureof burning wire what they call crystallizing of hair. I’m not scientist, but my master degree is enough to know, that burning process by high temperature wire, is not crystallizing, but simply burning the hair. What cause very unpleasant burning smell.
Me and my husband we tested 2 units and we can say it works almost perfect.
It really clean the hair, but not as they claiming in 2 -3 passes. It takes more than that and much, much longer time.
So far we like the product, because do not create any uneven or burned skin if you use their recommended (supplied) sending pad and cream.
The biggest downfall and reason for returning this unit is the magic tip (Thermicon TM). This plastic piece with burning wire will last no more than 2 weeks and cost for replacement is $39 plus SH. Initial cost of unit is around $250. Replacement of wear and tear Thermicon TM tips will cost you over $600 a year.
As is absolutely clear this product has been designed to make huge profit on selling Themicon TM tips.
As I wrote above, I will keep this unit if tip will last at least 2-3 months not weeks or tip will not cost $39 (anybody who will look at this tip will agree is not worth more than $1 or so. Today technology allowing to use of material what can last even 2-3 years, but in that case there will not be such profit as they expected.
Conclusion:
If you like to use unit what is creating nice smooth surface, with no pain, but take long time to do it and cost you $60 a month, than this unit is perfect for you.

umm no no thank you…

Singeing, an ancient technique of hair removal, may have merits. After all, thermal destruction is what laser and microwave electrolysis are all about. The question is, does enough thermal energy pass to the root to destroy (or damage) the follicle?

The nono device looks rather intriguing, but due to the companies “unique” marketing practices and very high prices, I’m wary.

If you do a Google search for “nono” (with or without quotes, you will find page after page of “forums”, where the nono marketing machine has placed apparently phony testimonials, usually titled something like “Is nono a scam?”. Many of these sites have domain names that are various versions of the word nono, nono and hair, etc. In other words, all of these sites were created by Radiancy. Some examples are, “www.my-no-no.com”, www.nonohairremoval.org, www.nonohairremovalreview.com, and others. Then, they’ve flooded “spamvertising” / blog-looking sites with “unbiased reviews” that they have obviously planted.

All of this phony advertising is a very successful ploy to pollute search results with their own content. In other words, if you try to find anything related to nono being a scam, you will very reliably only find Radiancy’s websites, and sites that they have paid to host their misleading content - at least on the first several pages of search results. Genius!

Anyway, I would really like to see if anyone has any real experiences (not someone that is paid by Radiancy either) with either the nono product or any other type of singeing. As I said, singeing seems to be promising as a permanent solution.

Yes, the “Thermicon” tips are simply a piece of suspended nichrome wire. Maybe $1.50 cost to have produced in China including shipping.

And the very creative use of the term “Crystalization” is interesting as well, though it is likely that singed hair does actually take on a crystalline structure. Misleading, nevertheless.

Also, I found several patents dating to the early 20th century for devices remarkably similar to the nono. This technology has been around for a long time.

I recently purchased the NO!NO! by Radiancy after viewing the infomercial several times. I went to their website looking for the full price of the unit and about choked on the actual price.

I am a transitioning MtF who really doesn’t have much in the way of income and can’t really afford professional hair removal services. However, I was intrigued by the claim that it’s continued use will lead to a rather large percentage of hair not growing back within as little as 6 weeks.

I saved money on the shipping, got priority shipping and a 2 year warranty because I didn’t buy it right there and then. They sent me a follow up e-mail with the offer of these extras. I receive my order in 2 days but didn’t attempt to use the unit for another 2 weeks.

It does require many more passes over the same patch of hair than what I saw on TV in the infomercial. It probably would have taken less passes if I had shaved the area first and waited for the hair to reach it’s minimum 1mm required length.

Well unfortunately I also had the tip burn out after approximately 20 hours of use. This disappoints me very much and has me seriously considering returning the unit before the 60 day money back guarantee expires. However, I am interested in the long term results so I am going to buy a new tip for the unit.

Now admittedly I have very hairy body for a blond and I realize that this is due to years of shaving. This does mean that I will have to spend a small fortune on professional hair removal services. This causes me to push back the scheduling of both the Facial Feminization and Vaginoplasty surgeries.

If the NO!NO! actually works for permanent hair removal I will most certainly become their biggest advocate. If it doesn’t work I will definately their biggest detractor.

I am also going to see if I can somehow fix the burned out tip by replacing the burned out wire with a thicker wire. It shouldn’t be to hard to do and it really shouldn’t increase the risk of getting burnt because the power levels are determined by the unit’s settings.

I will definately report back to you all on the NO!NO!, hopefully with good news.

Any new info ???

I can only hope Olivia N thinks enough of us to come back and tell us how this shoddy product let her down, since I already know that it has, but everyone is waiting for her customer based testimonial.

These things are just good at removing money from people’s pockets.

If the hair you want removed is blonde (you mentioned this) no laser will work. There have been so many stories about various ways to remove hair here by so many people who have been “burned” and cheated by scammers that I have trouble understanding why so few do not get wise to the scams out there.

Some are done by real professional scammers. They are anonymous and they do not send money back no matter what they claim. IF THE BUYERS AT THE STORES THAT SELL THEM KNEW…THEY WOULD STOP BUYING THEM.

Using the term “crystalize” is new, consequently, everybody thinks this is a “new” way to do it without knowing what it means. There are some smart scammers out there.

All the scammed people are an easy mark because they want to believe the claims. If they knew more about the biology of hair growth they would understand what has to be done to “kill” a hair. There are so many people caught up on the model of the laser being used and dont know what it is all about. The same with Joules and settings. The operator is SUPPOSED TO KNOW THIS… NOT THE CLIENT. I would never go to a doctor who set his machine the way I tell him. He is the “expert” and that is why we go to him.

It appears to me that there are so many differences of opinion among the laser operators that I can not tell who to listen to. I might trust a friend who had it done…but that is ALL.

Operators bought the laser they believe to be the “best” but they were easy for the sales person selling the machine because they do not know enough about LASERS and how they work SOMETIMES. Once you buy it …you have to believe it is the best or you should not be using it.

At first I thought this was a scammer post but I’m glad I went back and read it because constantly having to replace the tips at $39 plus S/H would have really upset me. I guess I’ll continue to wax, pluck, and shave…