Purchased a Chinese IPL off eBay

Hi folks…

I’m new here and thought I’d share some experience with this. I’m male in my early 50s and have felt like the missing link much of my life. In early Dec. 08 I purchased a Spa Touch and 3 new LUAs off eBay. I used it for about 5 months flashing myself about 10,000 times. Although there were some areas that appeared to have something like permanent removal most of my body hair kept growing back albeit thinner. So I decided to take a chance and have purchased this Chinese machine a few months ago, very typical of those sold. Now I am experiencing much more effective results. Although the Spa Touch is not a toy it almost seems that way in comparison.

I have to say my time getting used to this machine is almost a joke and some may conclude a bad one at that but as long as I’m willing to endure some serious heat penetration and redness/scaring, I’m becoming increasingly confident as time goes on I will eventually have permanent reduction over most of my body. My skin type is probably between 2 and 3 and most of my hair is still black (the white is not removed). Anywhere from my ears, my neck under the chin and around the back, shoulders, back, stomach, hands and down below throughout my rear and genatiles (some spots are too sensitive for me to try at my present settings).

I know I should/could use less power but I’m so concerned about wanting to make sure I’m doing all I can that for the most part I tolerate the 50 jouls and sometimes with RF.

The particular machine i bought is listed below. I’ve done research before the purchase and found most of these only differ in their appearance. I even downloaded a different PDF manual from a machine costing over twice mine and it was absolutely identical. Parts like the crystal are imported from Europe and the electronics Japan.

This is just my experience. Significant areas of hair now are not growing back so I do believe it works. I’m not making any comparison to a good laser but for the price I think I have something that will eventually give me a new body so to speak. Something I can keep and use at my leisure hopefully for the rest of my life’s need.

Please don’t suspect me as a salesman. I was curious about these made in China for quite a while and thought I’d share with any here who may be.

Sincerely…

Steve

http://cgi.ebay.com/E-Light-Skin-Hair-Removal-System-IPL-Radio-Frequency_W0QQitemZ200355382997QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSkin_Care_test?hash=item2ea61c86d5&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A16|66%3A4|39%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A200

All I am going to say is that IPL’s are not the best permanent hair removers when in the hands of skilled practitioners. Unskilled work can’t be better.

Just my two cents on Chinese IPL’s. Making a quality product takes some money. That being said, the 20,000 shot rating is what jumps out at me. Usually, manufacturers over-rate this number by a factor of 2 or 3. More than likely they are using a non-quartz bulb and the borosilicate glass bulb will start to darken in a rather short time. I can’t really tell what kind of bulb cooling they use, if any at all. Most quality machines use liquid cooling of the bulb. Bulb heating is inversely proportional to bulb life. The more it heats up the shorter it’s lifetime. Flash capacitors in IPL units really take a beating. Cheaper units use simple large capacitors which are happier in large computer power supplies, not IPL’s. Cornell-Dubilier makes flash capacitors which are good for 10,000,000 flashes. Computer capacitors will be lucky to last 10,000. Better units use IGBT switches to pulse the lamp. Getting these circuits to do it reliably, long term, takes some engineering. Other questions I have are 510K approval and warranty repairs? It’s hard enough getting my HP laptop a new keyboard after a key fell off of it. What kind of mess will it be to do something as simple as a new bulb for your IPL? Believe me, 20,000 seems like a lot of flashes but it comes up much faster than you think. Will it work as well as other IPL’s of similar power? Depends on the optics, bulb, power supply, wiring, cooling, semiconductor switches used, and their honesty of J/cm-2 fluency rating. Most companies stretch this rating as fas as they can. You may have gotten lucky with a Chinese unit. Only time will tell.

hey Steve, can you give an update of the chinese machine and how good has it done, and if possible can you post or send me some pics of before and after
pm me, I will give you my msn
this will be so awesome if it works :slight_smile:

I AM WILLING TO BET THE DEVICE IS ILLEGAL IN THIS COUNTRY. To be imported legally it must go through customs. There are probably many different classes of merchandise that gets imported. Is it considered MEDICAL EQUIPMENT or DEVICE?
Does it have proper FDA clearance? Does it have proper FCC clearance? If not to any of these questions it is considered “smuggled” and is susceptible to confiscation.

We were going to import IPL from China,they were quick to talk about about the sales of machines,when we started talking in depth of the quality of the capacitors,lamps,etc they were very backward coming forward.
If you have something for cheap,there is usually a very good reason for this, the quality is cheap, another point i would like to point out from IPL machine to dune buggies the Chinese will sell anything,when things go wrong most of these companies will wash their hand and will not respond either by phone or email,buy in the UK.