Pros: How much damage did I do?

First of all, I totally appreciate this site. Against the predominant advice, I attempted DIY electrolysis. Long story short, it was a mess. Now I’m trying to figure out whether or not this will be permanent. I am dark skinned and prone to hyper pigmentation. I can live with hyper pigmented scarring for a while but I’m really hoping this is something that will go away sooner or later. I will be saving my money and going to a pro. Photo here:

Time will have to pass to see the outcome. The scabs are way too big, so leave them alone. Do not PICK THEM OFF or exfoliate. Let them heal from the bottom up and the scabs will fall off on their own.

Do you have a pre-picture showing how much hair you had? What did you use to remove the hair?

I think it will heal (it usually does), but it won’'t be fast. You may need something in the future to even your skin out.

1 Like

Well, those are some large scabs, but only time will tell if any damage has been done. Let it heal, go over it with some teatree oil over the next few days .Could you tell me wht modality you were using? If galvanic alone, I think you might be just fine.I once did some attrocious work under the chin with galvanic, but it was fine a few weeks after.

1 Like

Thanks guys. I guess I knew the answer but was looking for reassurance, lol. Believe it or not, I did electrolysis on myself years ago using the galvanic one touch. I had scabs that have since disappeared. I have a terrible habit of touching/picking my face so that’s where the other hyper pigmentation comes from. I successfully cleared the thick/coarse hairs on my neck (with a little bit of scabbing that usually cleared within a week) but could never quite finish my chin/sides. The probe on the one-touch didn’t fit and it felt more painful than usual.

I am now using the sterex blend machine but I’m still learning to use it and I should have waited a bit longer before I attempted work on my face-especially since I haven’t done any form of electrolysis in a while. I genuinely enjoy doing it (I’m even considering going to school) so the time commitment didn’t bother me. However, this was unwise considering my ongoing battle with acne/hyperpigmentation.

Do you remember the settings the DC and RF settings you were using on the Sterex and roughly how long you were applying current in the follicle?

Sorry for the late reply. I was holding at 6-10 seconds. Sometimes I would repeat the insertion. I had the RF on 10 and DC on 30. I gave it another try and I have much smaller scabs on the ones I tried last night. Most of those are barely visible at first glance.