Proper Plucking guide advice ?

I can’t find any information about how to properly pluck hairs, the information on the net is very blurry when it comes to plucking.

For the last year I have had excess hair growing on my penis shaft (from the base, all the way until the head).

I’ve found plucking worked great the first time (baby smooth skin for a couple of weeks), but the next plucking sessions usually end up with ingrown hairs and bleeding.
If I let the hair grow for like a couple of month, the first plucking after that will usually go very smooth again and the cycle returns.

Any link to more info how to properly pluck hairs while minimizing blood/ingrowns would be great.
As getting rid of the excess hair does wonders to my sex life - I wish to make a routine without damaging my skin. (until I decide on a more permanent removal)

Thanks

Well, you are dealing with sensitive skin. First of all, make sure the area, your hands, and the tweezers are clean, 70% alcohol will work but is a bit harsh. Maybe witch hazel? Next, make sure the area is taught while you are plucking, the tighter the skin the better. Pluck in the direction of hair growth. Let it heal for a couple of days and then start exfoliating. Make sure the buff puff, mitts, or whatever you are using to exfoliate (not scrape skin off, gently release dead skin cells) is clean too and not sitting in the wet shower all day. Mousturizing is good too.

For my ingrowns i use a product called PFB Vanish. You could also use TendSkin, or make your own using aspirin.

Have you thought about having the area professionally waxed? Or another more permanent form of hair removal?

Good luck

Yeh I’m thinking of getting the hair permanently removed in the future - but due to the money and obvious sensitivity of the area I want to do proper research before it rather than rush it.
And in the mean time, I do want to address the problem, through plucking.

I plan to do proper warm showers and use a hot compressor prior to the plucking.
And will also get witch hazel and apply it after the plucking session as I’ve heard it’s the best thing to calm and clean the skin.

I don’t understand what you mean by “the tighter the skin the better”, isn’t it the other way around ? a soft and warm skin will make the hairs softer and ease the plucking ?

What you said about waiting before exfoliating makes a lot of sense, but I’m curious what are the differences between exfoliating and not exfoliating at all for plucking.

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

Keeping the skin taught is what I mean by tight. You don’t want to be pulling on the hair and moving everything around. Stretch the area around the hair to be plucked. The added benefit (besides just making it easier) is that it confuses all those nerve endings and hurts less. A warm shower before won’t hurt is theoretically for allowing the pores to expand.

Plucking is just like most hair removal methods in that the hair will come back. By exfoliating you are getting rid of old, dead skin cells that could block the follicle openings and help to create an ingrown hair. It will also help release some of the ingrowns that could not be prevented. And, if you do it right, it can’t hurt anything so why not?

Check out this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PubicPluckers

Just recently, the moderator posted this:

A friend in Measurection. com wrote me to ask for tips on painless plucking. Here is my reply:

I don’t find plucking painful at all. The only area that can be painful is the scrotum, because the skin is so loose. The first thing I would recommend is to shave first, then wait about a week until the hairs can be grasped easily with tweezers.

Then when you begin plucking, pull the hair in the direction in which it grows, with the tweezers as parallel to the surface of the skin as you can get them. This will usually be in a downward direction. The easiest area to pluck is the area above the penis, the so-called pubic triangle. The area to either side of the penis, where the scrotum begins, is more tricky, because the skin is looser. The way to reduce or eliminate pain is to pull the skin as tight as possible. I find that I usually experience no pain at all with plucking. Usually the hair slides right out if one is tweezing it at the angle of growth.

I hope this helps. Please write if you have any questions. Good luck! Your penis will look great plucked!

Then, from a female:

I think the same rule applies. I also shave then let it grow a bit and then pluck. In addition, the labia is also tricky because the skin is more loose and the angles are a bit tricky. I also agree that when you pluck as close to the angle and direction of growth as possible, it reduces irritation. I would recommend Bikini Zone cream as a good lotion to apply after you have either shaved or plucked. It seems to reduce redness and irritation as well. I don’t have much to compare my results to, but if I do this right and take my time, I think my pussy is nice and smooth and appealing.

Are you plucking all those areas or just the penis area? Plucking can cause ingrowns no matter what. Shaving or clipping instead is the best way to avoid that. Also, for larger areas, you can wax, which is a much faster way to “pluck” a large area.

jes: thank you so much !
I’ve followed your advice on plucking, and it feels so much better now - I’ll have to wait and see the results in the following weeks regarding ingrowns, but at least the area feels better now after plucks.

Tightening the skin seems to help reduce bleeding, and plucking slow and steady instead of quickly is something that I didn’t imagine will work - but damn it makes it so painless !

I also apply a hot towel compress prior to plucking, helps soften the hairs and skin.

lagirl: just the penis shaft (from base to head), I don’t mind my pube hairs so far.
I’ve tried shaving my penis hair, it’s simply isn’t worth it - the area is way too delicate for a razor.
As I’ve said to Jes, I plan to permanently remove this hair in the future, but this is a delicate area which requires proper research before doing it.

Good idea on the not shaving, especially if you are sexually active. “whisker burn” can be aweful. hehe

Like LAgirl said, waxing is a good alternative. Just be sure to start out with a professional. And be sure to have a patch test done to check for sensitivity.

Some hints of my method if anyone goes this way, it’s pretty effecient, but unfortunately you still get the odd wound/ingrown hair.

Before Plucking :[ul]
[li]Area should be soft before tweezing and the pores opened - a warm bath/shower or a hot compress works best.
[/li]Personally, I heat up a small towel with hot water (not too hot, you need to relax not burn yourself !), and squeeze the water out. then I apply to the area for a while.
[li]Clean tweezers with alcohol before/after use. (no idea why really, since the tweezers never touch the skin, but it’s something that can’t really hurt)[/ul]
[/li]Plucking :[ul][li]Grab the hair fairly close to its base.
[/li][li]Make sure the skin around the hair you’re pulling is tight - otherwise it will pull the skin with it raising the chance of bleeding and damage.
[/li][li]Easiest way to do this, is to use your thumb & index finger of the other hand to stretch the skin around the hair.
[/li][li]Always Pluck in the direction of the hair, as parallel to the skin as possible.
[/li][li]Pull gently and smoothly - quick pulls are bad and raise the chance of breakage and bleeding.
[/li][li]This is something that takes a bit of skill, basically you start pulling the skin slowly and keep pulling at the same speed, it’s something you won’t usually do - but you’ll feel it’s very comfortable once you get it right.[/ul]
[/li]After Plucking :[ul][li]After the hair is plucked, there is an open pore which is prone to dirt, clogging and infection.
[/li][li]Apply witch hazel to cotton swabs, and run on the area after the plucking session. This will clean and ease the area.
[/li]Let the witch hazel dry for a few minutes before wearing clothes back.
[li]Ice cube helps close the pores - however the water isn’t clean and is something I prefere to avoid for now.
[/li][/ul]

I also want to add that I stongly advice against plucking.
You might have a go with plucking, to see how a part of your body would have looked without hair, that’s all fine and no worries - just do yourself a favor and don’t make it a habit.

If you’re serious about your hair go see a good electrolygist in your area and get a free consultation, you only live once and plucking is counter productive for permanent hair removal and general skin health.

I’m sorry to use this thread. I can’t start new thread due to errors on the page(things are overlapping and it will take me to feedburner each time I tried to start a new thread). I have some ingrown hairs on my legs, how can I get rid of it? How can i let it loose? I tried tweezing them, yes it works but my skin will be red & bumpy =(

Are you a good candidate for laser???