progress thus far

Thanks, Seana. I love challenging cases where the client is cooperative.

Fenix, the only thing that makes this impressive is that I have surgical loupes that work great for me and a halogen light to shade those bleached hairs. Many of the bleached hairs had dark pigment at the thickest part of the hair exiting the skin.

The point is, old school says no more than 15-20 minutes treatment on the upper lip, new school says up to 60 minutes is possible IF ONE HAS THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT AND SKILL. If one doesn’t have the setup or the skill, sit in the old school desk for the sake of the client. I will post a picture later.

I have a client Dee I have literally asked to hang on for a couple weeks until my loops and light arrive. The second I try and use my circle lamp, the hairs wash out and I cant see the hairs or the angle of insertion, a problem when I’m working on an upper lip. My experience with optics exactly matches yours so far.

Seana

need a dee near my lol I’m in today she will get rid of the worse hairs but there will still be upper lip hairs when I return home that I will have to snip with nail scissors once a week until the next treatment when a few more grow in I go back. She honestly doesn’t seem to get that I want them all cleared and states its not possible she focuses on the side bits or sometimes just one side and then removed a few from the middle of below nose, the side ones seem to be going on and on and on growing in lol I could really tell with my chin and nipples regarding the reduction each time I attending an appointment there would be less to treat they would be finer but I’m just not seeing it with upper lip and its been treated for a year now. Fingers crossed today.

Good luck Helen

So above was my last Appointment early April I now have a nice peach fuzz on the upper lip nothing dark and a few blonde whiskers under my chin, I am without a car at present only in last week and hoping to pick one up shortly and book another session of electrolysis. I am no longer scared to go out on this state I know others look a damn lot worse than me. I’m just wondering whether to snip or leave as it maybe 1-3 weeks before I’ll be going again. Nothing on any other parts of the body I’ve had my happy trail completely sorted and haven’t had any nipple hair or strange stray on on my hand for can’t remember how long. It will be 3 years at the end of August and I’m having sessions about every 12 weeks / 3 months now, when I started it was once a fortnight, the sessions have always been 10 minutes but we slowly added in more area’s. I started on only the jaw line and nipples, after a year we moved onto the upper lip as my nipples were complete I’ve also had a strange hair on my hand zapped twice never came back and around 6 months ago we did the happy trail and random ones that appeared on my stomach to the sides of this :/. Now I am still dealing with a peach fuzz upper lip and blonde hairs under the chin which I was originally not going to bother with. All in all I would have been lost and in a depressive mess without electrolysis. I think its a life long commitment she insists eventually i will be coming in every 6 months we’ll see but I don’t know what I’d do when she retires.

Just to update that I went to see the electrolysis about a week after my last post so end of June and I’m yet to go again its now last day in August and I’m just starting to see a few pale but brown shoots on my upper lip nothing anywhere else and only a tiny amount nothing worth travelling 30 mins for electrolysis for so I’ll probably snip them with some nail scissors at the weekend and it will take a couple of weeks for them to come back up again if no more appear I’ll do the same until I get a hand ful and then may consider visiting her again or if any come up on my chin area or under. I feel super confident in myself now where as I locked myself away prior definitely feel I will eventually have to go back its a life time commitment for me not just 2-3 years and done but still the best decision I ever made all thanks to coming across this group :slight_smile:

So, about 8-9 weeks post treatment you are seeing regrowth. right on schedule! And you are at the point where those few remaining hairs, dont cause you the distress they once did. Guess who’s making some serious and predictable progress to ridding themselves of their issue? Good Job Helen! Now dwindle that to zero!

Seana

Hi Guys I went to my electrolysis early December mostly upper lip removal but a few pale ones on the chin were also removed. I sadly lost my mum early Jan so I haven’t been back since but I’ve only had tiny ones on upper lip which have been snipped by scissors nothing anywhere else since December. I have just stopped one on my stomach coming though so I guess this will need to be booked in for next week, will keep an eye on it as I find when they come though as I find new shoots always look worse than they actually are, come next week I can look in the same area and no longer see it lol. Again just posting to show any newbies that its been a long hole but honestly worth it. Every 3-4 months for treatments now which are for fairs that I don’t need to hide myself away from. :slight_smile: so much better than the fortnightly plucking I started from.

Just to say the following day the so called hair disappeared lol and haven’t been since December, I’ve snipped the upper lip with scissors a few times but its not dark or thick no need to go in for this and nothing appeared in any other area. Just for newbies to show if they stick with it they can be clear :slight_smile:

Okay Guys last visit December 2016, new visit Feb 2018 random dark hair appeared on face in an area that has never been treated before. Stick with it you’ll get there in the end.

I’m certain after 5 years of being in here Helen, That you are not stressing as you once were over a few hairs. Remember this ?:

A few hairs in a new area? Even five years ago I remeber advising you on the endocrine system and its delicate hormonal balance.You are now 5 years later armed with the knowledge ( and experience) to not get stressed out over a few hairs,just deal with them with electrolysis and move on. Might be worth while to have a look at your blood levels however, to determine if there is still a hormonal issue.

Thanks for the update helen!

Seana

oh yes I thought it wasn’t working at first and she did make me cry a few times after about a year in lol. I would say it took 3 years to sort out what I was anxious about. I started in August 2013 during 2016 I think I was going in every 3 months and then haven’t been since December 2016 until today. I get the odd random black hair once or twice a year in a place I’d never treated before. The treated areas are either completely clear or very very pale it’s just not noticeable unless under a magnifed mirror.
I come on and post every now and again just so other can see that it does work if you stick with it.
I was told I will likely get random ones once or twice a year but otherwise, I’m done. I was also told that I might need further treatment when I go through the menopause.
sadly the woman that does me is in her mid 60’s so I doubt she will be around in 20 years time for my menopause years :frowning: finding a fab electrolysis that is registered is my recommendation she is the only one within an hour from me. All the others just offer the service in a beauty clinic without being registered or having more than a quick 2 hour day course :open_mouth:

And we do appreciate it! Without client experiences and success stories like yours a lot of the advice we give, falls on deaf ears. This is a first class example proving many of the concepts we have tried to convey here over the years. Client experiences, are an essential part of getting the message across to consumers.

Seana